FORD 6.7L Scorpian Diesel??? 2011?

Discussion in 'Rumor mill' started by 4x4TruckinGirl, Nov 2, 2008.

1. 4x4TruckinGirl

4x4TruckinGirl "Cowgirl"

2. Papabear

Papabear Papabear

nope. Ford needs to go to Cat to get an engine and allison for a transmission and keep the ford suspension from 20yrs ago than they could actually build a TRUCK again instead of these overpriced pavement princess grocery getters they are pumping out these days.
    But i have heard that Cat is going to be building there own Highway tractors now (info from a Cat technician) but lets wait and see

3. Crumm

Crumm No Comment

Cat is getting out of the highway truck engine market due to unreasonable emission standards. What kind of engine are they going to put in this new highway tractor? Cummins or Detroit?

4. Papabear

Papabear Papabear

last stint i worked in the bush about 2 weeks ago i was working side by side with a caterpillar finning field technician and i mentioned how unfortunate it was that cat is leaving the OTR market and he said that cat is coming out with there own highway tractor. I didn't believe him either but he swears that it's the truth so all we can do is wait and see. I think it would be really cool if they did but i am not holding my breath.

5. 92F350CC

92F350CC Ford Man

I think the 6.7 has the potential to be a great motor. I like the reversed heads idea that they have going. The 6 speed auto will probably be widely anticipated as well. Ford and IH used to have a good relationship, but I think that's in the past, and they need to go their separate ways.

6. Exekiel69

Exekiel69 Registered User

Would be cool to see some pics of the engine or a video.

7. Exekiel69

Exekiel69 Registered User

Here is a few more, still no engine pics.

8. Andylad13

Andylad13 DieselBoy

i kinda figured they would be parting, but i didnt think so soon. i was thinking that the 6.4 would be the next 7.3 as far as reliability and more power. but i guess ford has their own plans. no to say thats not a bad thing either.....

9. h2odrx

h2odrx Anti-O

I still say they will come back to the 6.9!!!:love:

10. 92F350CC

92F350CC Ford Man

I do think that the 6.4 is the next 7.3 as far as reliability goes. Simplicity.......not so much, but that can't be helped. I've also been hearing that simply removing the DPF and adding a tuner can get you into the 20's for mileage. I also saw a dyno sheet from one that was 500+ hp and 1100 TQ. Obviously you're not going to get the 20's when you're using that HP though, but just cruising around they do really well once you free up that exhaust.

11. Andylad13

Andylad13 DieselBoy

what is a DPF?

man all this PSD abbreviation is hard to follow!!!

12. Crumm

Crumm No Comment

DPF is an acronym for Diesel Particulate Filter. A DPF works in conjunction with the oxidation catalyst and EGR valve to remove a majority of the NOx, particulate matter (think black, cough-inducing soot) and unburned hydrocarbons from burned diesel fuel. Soot is a natural byproduct from the combustion of diesel fuel. Inside the DPF is a porous honeycomb structure that catches the soot as it passes through. After the soot builds up over time, the onboard computer controls fuel injection to allow unburned fuel to enter the filter at measured intervals where it flares off and generates increased temperatures that incinerate the accumulated soot. The result: Soot is chopped by over 90-percent.

Ain't Google cool :cool

13. 92F350CC

92F350CC Ford Man

What that definition doesn't mention, is that it is like welding your f*ckin exhaust shut as far as mileage is concerned.

14. Andylad13

Andylad13 DieselBoy

It seems like a horrible trade off. this emissions is overtaking even having a normal healthy engine, i mean i know its good to reduce on environmental pollutants, but i think it would be better to not burn as much fuel, than to have a DPF.

15. FordGuy100

FordGuy100 Registered User

Its that totally logical idealogy that the EPA totally disagrees with :rotflmao. But I agree with you ;Sweet