Flickering Battery Light

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yesterday morning going out to breakfast I noticed my dash lights and head light flickering. Sitting a restaurant I turn off the wipers and headlights only to see the battery icon going on and off bout once a second. Rev up maybe to 1500 rpm. No change. Eat breakfast and restart engine. No flickering dash light and barley any dimming of head lights or dash lights. No battery dash light either. Get home and open hood.. Nothing missing... Burned or smoking.So I wiggled all the wires to the alternator and recheck dash..Magically no more issues. No idea what was wring but I "know" the area to get busy on... Sucks....

FordIDIot

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my "newer" stock 1g alt does that sometimes. i dont see a 3g alt in your sig. maybe its time?

btw i messaged you about my turbo rebuild

Yesterday morning going out to breakfast I noticed my dash lights and head light flickering. Sitting a restaurant I turn off the wipers and headlights only to see the battery icon going on and off bout once a second. Rev up maybe to 1500 rpm. No change. Eat breakfast and restart engine. No flickering dash light and barley any dimming of head lights or dash lights. No battery dash light either. Get home and open hood.. Nothing missing... Burned or smoking.So I wiggled all the wires to the alternator and recheck dash..Magically no more issues. No idea what was wring but I "know" the area to get busy on... Sucks....

Muleman

Reaction score
My dad is having the same problem. We replaced the regulator and no fix but improved voltage.

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7756-3N-2G is the part number for a 3G alternator that fits our trucks with a v-belt. In case anyone is interested in upgrading.:Thumbs Up

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 7756-3N-2G fits fine on my 1990. Of course I had to change the wiring for it. Here's a wire diagram to help.

You must be registered for see images attach