Filter cross reference

quickstart

Reaction score
I'm looking for any info on cross referencing Amsoil oil filters (Ea026 and EaBP100) to any other filters like NAPA, Baldwin, etc. I hope there is someone out there that can help. Thanks in advance.

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
if your running an 02' psd, the motorcraft FL-1995 is a really good filter, specificaly designed for the power stroke. i beleave it also is a little longer in length for more filter capacity. i just ran 13k miles on my filter before changeing it and it cleaned out all kinds of sediment.

quickstart

Reaction score
I have a dual bypass setup and was looking for both filters to cross reference. It looks like the primary one is a stock filter but the secondary is giving me some trouble. Thanks for the info.

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
oh wow, im not sure on those dual filter set ups, i looked at one some time ago but it didnt specify an actual filter size so im not sure what to tell you.

quickstart

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The Amsoil Ea026 looks like a stock filter but the by-pass is bigger and I usually change it every other time I do a oil change. I'm just trying to find cheaper filters than the Amsoil and cheaper syn. oil cause the fuel prices are killing me.-cuss

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
if you switch away from amsoil i believe you will regret it and i have found as good or better results from adding a magnetic sleeve to the filter housing instead of the added expense of a dual filter setup i have one one my oil filter and one on my fuel filter (being to hopefully catch any steel particles as it is a '94 old tanks) switching from the amsoil as you engine will really noticeably affect your fuel if anything convert your whole driveline to amsoil in my opinion you will see a big difference $$$

quickstart

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Papabear but Rotella is cheaper and readily availiable compared to ordering Amsoil. I believe it's a good product that many people swear by. Nowadays cost has to factor into everything I do so brand loyalty takes a back seat to cost. At least it has to for me.

Albin

Reaction score
My bet is that you won't find a replacement for the Amsoil EaPB100 bypass filter. They have some special thread that only Amsoil makes. You could have someone machine a new threaded insert, but that cost would outweigh any savings of another filter.

Big topic over at BITOG forums on this issue.

Al

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online