FICM Repair

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking for experience/opinions on the various options to have the FICM Repair options out there.

I have used the procedure at:

http://www.ficmfixer.com/testing.htm (I have the 7 pin version)

I have determined the FICM is not working correctly.

Key in Run position - 48V
Key in Run position, during WTS Cycle - 12V
Key in Starting Position, engine cranking - 12V

They should be no less that 45 at any time.... so, this means, FICM is not working correctly.

So I have a few options to rectify the problem....

I can by a new one from Ford/IH and have it programmed for ~$800 - Not the preferred option.

I can also have it repaired and have found the 2 following repair shops in previous searches and am look it see if anyone had used, or know someone that has used one of these services....

Repair Option 1

www.fcimfixer.com

Options / Cost:

Prices for Repair: (price is discounted when paid using money order / cashier's check)

Option 1: $110 Money Order / Cashier's Check enclosed in the box with your FICM shipped to us - includes FREE Return Priority Shipping (2-3 days) & $500 shipping insurance

Option 2: $143 Same as option 1 with Return Express Shipping (1-2 days) & $1000 shipping insurance

Option 3: $135 Electronic Payment - Credit/Debit Card or Paypal account - includes FREE Return Priority Shipping (2-3 days) & $500 shipping insurance

Option 4: $168 Same as option 3 with Return Express Shipping (1-2 days) & $1000 shipping insurance

FICMFixer offers a lifetime warranty on their repairs.

Repair Option 2:

http://www.ficmrepair.com/

Options/Cost

Repair Choices

$195 - Repair and upgrade of your unit with a 45 day warranty.

$225 - Repair and upgrade of your unit with a ONE YEAR warranty

$325 - Repair and upgrade of your unit with a TWO YEAR warranty

Service Description:

The 45 day and one year warranty services are IDENTICAL. Your $30 is purchasing an extended warranty. For the two year service, however, we take things a step further by using even higher end components in our work that go even further to resolve the original design challenges and more closely scrutinize the parts potentially needing replacement generally, basically replacing any components tested that don't test out as if they were new instead of 'merely' replacing any components that are found burnt, heat damaged, out of spec, or suffering from bad solder connections.

The cost of Option 2 is more than Option 1, and I am a bit skeptical about the "upgrade" with the $325 service.

I am leaning toward Repair Option 1, Option 1...... I don't need it back a day or 2 quicker with the added cost....

Has anyone used either one of these services, or would I be better off buying one from Ford/IH????? I am wanting to get the truck running again, with the best, most cost effective repair. (Cheapest is not necessarily a factor, if a more expensive option would be better, I will go that route)

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Scott, have you looked into the guy on youtube....out I Kali. Shows testing and removal....$200..also has ads on Fleabay.....whoever is holding that FICM has some sweet looking nipples too!!!!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not seen the guy on youtube...... but would like the link.....

Currently my FICM Is En-route to FICMFixer.com at this time...... I hope to be hearing the sweet melody of Compression Ignition by next weekend......

When I preformed the test on the FICM I got:

(Should not dip below ~45VDC at any time)

Key On, Run Position, after WTS Cycle - 48VDC
Key On, Run Position, during WTS Cycle - ~12VDC - Ruoh Raggy.....
KEy On, Start Position, Engine Cranking, after WTS Cycle - ~11VDC - Ruoh Raggy!!!!!!

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I have not seen the guy on youtube...... but would like the link.....

here ya go Scott..nutin overly special just creative product placement -Showtits http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-0-DIESEL-POWERSTROKE-FORD-FUEL-INJECTOR-CONTROL-MODULE-FICM-F250-550-ECONOLINE-/330690190523?hash=item4cfeabdcbb&item=330690190523&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I recently picked up a SCT Livewire unit and just on the economy tune it woke that beast UP!!!!!:eek:;Sweet
It arrived {naturally} after I left for my last hitch in Kali and White Woman asked if she could install it before her trip to Fla ...so being plug and play I told her to go for it...worst case she could always return to stock setting.
Well...she did and and drove like nermal till trying to get into traffic while shopping with the kids down there.....found an opening and punched it like she has done in the past to get it rolling.......You should have heard her telling me on the phone how she all but pissed her pants when that EX pinned her ass to the seat :peelout :rotflmao:D

have already gutted the cat and have a 4" cat back Diamond Eye system comming for it.

Now to cure the slight wandering...trying to find a 30mm rear sway bar.........

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah.... now I see, that is a fine looking replacement FICM!!!!!

I actually own (Not announced as of yet, but) a BullyDog Triple Dog Downloader Power Pup, with the Outlook Monitor. I picked it up from a friend who did not use it, and cut me a SMOKIN deal on it. I bought it mainly for the Monitor, and the ability to pull codes. It has a few tunes in it, and I may try the "lightest" one. One thing nice about this one, is it will work on all of the "Big 3" trucks, and pull codes on anything. I am looking forward to getting the truck back on the road, and getting the monitor going.....

I also bought a a switch I liked to do the high-idle mod on it......

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Woo Hoo.... I am once again turning diesel into noise and movement!!! It was the FICM. FICMFixer.com seems to have done a good job on it. I shipped it out last Friday afternoon, and it got back today. Put it back in, and replaced everything I had to move... and it fired right up!!!!

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Curiosity got the best of me so I double checked mine.....48.3 KOEO ....never dropped below 46.2 cranking and holds 48.9 running.....so I suppose I'm good to go for a while!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
what are your guys' thoughts on running a tuned FICM(even a small tune. i think i have seen 40HP as the lowest.) on stock head gaskets and stock head bolts? will it cause the stress on the head bolts like a PCM tune will?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I did for several thousand. A nice little hp/tq bump, especially down low.

Now I have the Atlas 40 and SRL tune, this thing is fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online