Fell in love all over again. No more new Truck thoughts!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since I bought my idi it was pretty weak. Had a brand new motor from ford dropped in only 48k miles before I bought it but had the 200k mile injectors and ip on it. Since purchased I always had to use water to start it on the ip. I tow heavy often and with 3:55’s and weak fuel it was a dog even with the turbo.

Today was my first job since the turbo spec ip and injector replacement and I gotta say this idi is an amazing motor. I probably gained 70hp! Before it would take 2500rpms and full throttle to peg the boost and long grades would barely get me to 950 egt. Not at 60mph I cruis at 500egt instead of 300, I can flick the throttle and peg the boost gauge and my egts can hit 1200 at will. I couldn’t use od before with my equipment trailer empty and now it’ll cruise control in od at 60mph effortlessly. I must say it’s made me fall in Love all over again! My new 4:10 rearend will be here any day and after that this Truck should be able to any job I need

pafixitman

Reaction score
Imagine how many more hp you would have gained if you added stickers!

I have new sticks on the way for mine. I know I should do the complete fuel system, but I do have a bad injector and decided to start with it. Putting the kid in college and Erica starting her business severely limited funds.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas as to where to get it timed near Redlands CA?
I actually called a few places today but no one answered. If I find one I’ll let you know or if you do please let me know as I need to do mine. Maybe we can meet up and rent the meter but I’m going to keep calling around

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online