Facet blues

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so I got a facet 40285 starved for fuel now I got a 40222 and I’m still starving for fuel can I run both in series?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the money you are spending on facet why not go with a higher performing pump if you are stock or a 1/2” supply high perf pump if you are modded?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
For the money you are spending on facet why not go with a higher performing pump if you are stock or a 1/2” supply high perf pump if you are modded?
This is the best thing that you can do. People like the Facets because they're cheap (inexpensive). The problem is that they're cheap (poor quality). Plus there's several You Tube videos that say that the Facets are right next to God blowing fuel up through your feed lines. Most of those You Tube experts are really "experts". Anyone can make a You Tube video or write an article and claim to be an expert. That only means as much as you want it to mean.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because that would be smart and I’m not smart

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the best way to start.

But since you already have the 2 Facets, don't run them in series- run them in parallel! In series they will still only supply 34gph. In parallel they will supply 68gph assuming your 3/8" supply line can handle that.

I personally kept my 40222 for priming and emergency but run the engine off a good quality mechanical lift pump, which keeps up with my maxed-out IP.

nhwrench01

Reaction score
well im not that smart either, i guess, i went with a facet pump to start with ( yes, cheap and cheap) . then i thought, if im going to run this truck, drive it every day, plow,tow,haul,etc.etc.. i should do it right.. i went with a holley red. no regulator needed, no nothing.. just wire in hook fuel lines and go... so far so good... 2-3 years / no problems with the pump.( many others, but not the pump)

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the best way to start.

But since you already have the 2 Facets, don't run them in series- run them in parallel! In series they will still only supply 34gph. In parallel they will supply 68gph assuming your 3/8" supply line can handle that.

I personally kept my 40222 for priming and emergency but run the engine off a good quality mechanical lift pump, which keeps up with my maxed-out IP.
Elaborate on how/ the difference between series and parrelel? I had a carter 4070 had 66 gph supply line handled it

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
For series, you would put one in your feed line and then put the next one right after it. For parallel, you would put one in your feed line, but you'd T another feed line into the main line before the inline pump, put the second pump in this second line, and the T the second line back into the first one upstream of the inline pumps. if you can't picture that, then open you hood and look at your positive battery cable. It connects the batteries in series.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so for series I could mount it to the condenser for the secondary
I really like the mech fuel pump and electric for priming idea
Combines the reliability of the mech with the priming of the electric I think I still have my old mech fuel pump which was actually new as I warranty it out because it split and well you can picture what happened after that

@ The_josh_bear I’d love pics of your mech and electric set up I’m done spending money on more pumps my trucks 5th in a year

Attachments

• 0B943ADD-EB2B-4838-8C10-07643EE5BDF2.jpeg
    0B943ADD-EB2B-4838-8C10-07643EE5BDF2.jpeg
    293.6 KB · Views: 11

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
so for series I could mount it to the condenser for the secondary
But you don't want to mount them in series. Series won't give you any more fuel volume and that's what you're lacking. Parallel is running two separate pumps while series is more like running one pump in two locations if that makes sense.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This set up has worked nicely for me ('93 IDIT).
My favorite part is the redundancy.
The truck runs fine on either pump, better on both.

I believe that some (most) of the reported Facet failure is due to "knock-offs" being distributed/sold by bad actors.

I buy mine here: Pegasus

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know, I almost got the "electric fuel pump bug"........then I took the vaccination for it, and my mechanical pump does fine. I feel great, especially after reading this. You guys are crazy, 2 electric fuel pumps? Now I'm thinking about 2 mechanical fuel pumps, one on each side. Lol, I'm kidding, but....... y'all are crazy..... seriously...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online