F-Super Duty Trailer Hitch

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Hey all, I posted this in the F-450 section but im not sure how many people actually look at that.

I recently acquired a 94 F-Super Duty in very nice condition to replace my F-250.

I am looking into picking up a heavy duty trailer hitch as the one on the truck is questionable looking. Does anyone know where I can get a class 5 hitch for this truck? I checked the major manufacturers (Curt, Reese, etc) but only curt seems to carry a class 4 for this truck.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you have the 34” wide frame that remains common even up through today so I would think any of the hitches made for that width would work even if you have to make your own holes.

E-trailer has a number of them if you look up the f350/450/550 cab and chassis super duty trucks from 99 and later. They were class V 10-20k rated tow capacity. There were some people asking questions about fitting a hitch to older 34” wide frames and the response was that most will fit but you may have to drill some holes.

https://www.etrailer.com/vm/Ford/F-350,+450,+and+550+Cab+and+Chassis/hitch

Last edited:

Brian Williams

Reaction score
I put a hitch plate on my 1988 Superduty (450). I have a pintle hitch but this company makes them with a receiver hitch also. The one I put on was a bolt on that required no fabrication. But I did do some welding to the frame.

It is from Buyers Products.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01