F-650 with Cummins upgrade??

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
The tranny is a 2000 series which is the next step up from the 1000 series in the GM pickups, I am not to worried about overpowering it with what I want to do to the truck. I know how much a box "woke up" my truck, that's all I am after, a touch more pep.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Billysgoat said:
The tranny is a 2000 series which is the next step up from the 1000 series in the GM pickups, I am not to worried about overpowering it with what I want to do to the truck. I know how much a box "woke up" my truck, that's all I am after, a touch more pep.

And twins and mega injectors too, after a touch more pep wears off LOL

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's max input on a 2000 series?

~700ftlbs?

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
I have no idea, I do know it will handle a 5.9 with a lil box ;Really

Now as for my truck, weeeeeelllllll, I ain't gonna say twins are out of the question, but I am leaning more towards a single big turbo and a Mad ECM coupled with an Edge Comp box. That should put the truck right around 450-500 HP. I reckon that would pull my camper just fine ;Sweet ;Sweet

Oh yeah, already have some decent size injectors, please see sig :D

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cummins in a ford truck shop

here's a link that might help ya.
He's got a bunch of 5.9's for sale with a kit and can pretty much make anything you need for a conversion. Maybe they can help out.

www.fordcummins.com

:thumbsup:

Dakota Diesel

Reaction score
Okay, I obviously got a coupla things to get cleared up.

Truck info, it is an 03 F-650 with a 5.9 and Allison Auto, it is under 26k GVWR and it normally runs at around 18-20K. I DID NOT have a thing to do with buying the POS. The idiots who did deserve to be shot for committing a travesty (they had the frame cut WAY down it has a 12 ft bed on it). Having said that, the truck has enough power to pull hills and maintain speed just fine. It has enough power to make it to Interstate speeds fairly well. I know a bit about loaded trucks, used to run Mack R's grossing at 80-100K, now that is SLOW!

Here's the deal, my truck has the same engine, fairly modified, when I am hooked to my camper I cross the scales at 23K. I have 0 problems pulling, passing, merging or outrunning with it. I know the engine is capable of enough power to make the F-650 it's in run like a scalded ass ape IF I WANT IT TO.

All I am looking for is a bit more HP to help in acceleration, with it being a 24V that means a box, but since the engine is not a "stand-alone" unit that means something that will work with the Ford puter. Is there such a unit out there??? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

As for the bashing of the engine, having driven trucks that are of similar weight I am very glad this truck does have the 5.9, the 7.3 does not have the grunt of the 5.9 and the Cat is way to costly to upgrade, albeit it is a stronger motor "out of the box".

Ideal for me would be a "plug and play" box similar to the Edge EZ, not a lot of fuel or air added, but just enought to make a nice difference.

Thanks,

Billy
Check & see if the throttle is going to full travel when you floor it?