F-650 (Cat 3126)

baker

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences or worked with any upgrades with the 3126 Cat motor? I have a 2000 F-650 with the 3126B Cat and would like to wake it up. I am planning on taking it to the closest Cat Dealer to have them go over it. But I know that there is only so much they will do. I have the 4 speed Allison auto tranny.:peelout

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site.
firstly.....there is a EMS setting for the computer, but be warned....it's very thristy. Also, it's only avail thru a backdoor if you are not a EMS vehicle. You will need to get to know a tech with a brick that can change the settings. Once done, you can forget about any possible warranty coverage.
secondly......if you don't want to do that, google up "pittsburgh power" I believe they have a plug-in that will hop things up some. But keep in mind, any imporvement will not yield much of a butt-o-meter feeling.
good luck!

baker

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I just found the forum recently. ;Sweet I was informed that my motor and tranny is about 190 hp/ 520@1440. Not sure what can be done (upgrades) to the motor without tearing into it (mechanically) and what the tranny can handle. I guess, I would like to give it more pep, especially 0-to-60.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brothers class "A" RV has a 3126 rated at 275 and, IIRC, 860 tq with a 6 speed Allison and it moves nicely for an 18,000lb vehicle.;Sweet

In comercial ratings that Cat went to 300 and the emergency ratings went up to 350.

Best bet is to call CAT and see what they can re rate it to without changing injectors, turbo etc and with the engine out of warranty it should only be a charge for the labor to reflash the computer.

baker

Reaction score
Any ideas on what (HP/torque) a stock 4 speed Allison (auto) can handle?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88