Everstart Platinum AGM?

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've alweays used the Everstart MAXX with great results, always satisfied, but now i see they offer an AGM Platinum. does anyone have experience with the Platinum series? Also, is there a "best starter"?

Christian9112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the platinum series. If you have a parasitic drain, dont get it. My batteries wont charge back up to 12.6v. its stuck at 10v. granted, i have had it for 2 years. it still kicks the engine on. had 3 jump starts for the last year. i charge it every 2 months

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, Power Master 9050.
Been using it close to5 years.
Almost flipped the truck over
it turned so fast. :sly :peelout

EDIT: I read on a thread,
(guy checked with PM)
That the 9051 for the PS,
is the same starter except
the for the spacer. Take it
off, and it is a 9050.

Goat

Last edited:

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know on the PM9050, ill be planning on that. No drains with the truck, ignition is toggle and push button. Probably end up getting 2 of the Platinums. Considering making my own cables using Military eyelets and post clamps. And possibly an intake air heater. Glow plugs just dont seem enough. Still need to look more into the grid heater idea.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The 3 year flooded lead acid EverStart Maxx 65N tend to be fine. I bought a pair in late Nov 2018 and they're still going strong 4 years later. They dropped back to $99/each after being $120 for a while. I paid $93/each in 2018 so that's not bad.