Engine Wiring Question

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to do a body swap this weekend and want to check which wires I need to keep. If I've got it sorted, the only wire for the engine from the cab is the ignition to starter and ignition to GP controller. There are sensor wires for the oil P, water T, and tach. Is everything else pretty self contained or found in the chassis harness? I'd like to start pulling the body and have the donor cab (Jeep) ready to go.

On my engine, I've removed the manual fuel pump and the fuel heater/water separator (replaced with a full fuel/water separator unit) and also removed the A/C compressor.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's also the fuel shutoff solenoid and the high idle/cold advance that receive ignition power while running.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The high idle and cold adv are fed by the temp switch which is fed by key on power.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The sender in the block is for the gauge. The one in the head, slightly below and behind it, is for the temp light.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sender in the block is for the gauge. The one in the head, slightly below and behind it, is for the temp light.

Good to know. I'm planning to put a new gauge sensor in this weekend. Hopefully I'll have a working gauge then. I'll keep an eye out for the other wires you listed.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, all answers have cleared up what I'm looking for and what I need to replace to make this swap go well. I'm almost done adapting the hydroboost to the jeep cab and then I'm going to start pulling apart the ford body to prep the chassis.

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these feed directly off the ignition switch or is there a relay/secondary circuit?

I currently have six vehicles that run and a couple more in-work. When ever I touch wiring I use that as excuse to get high power circuits out of the cab. Head lights, fuel pump, distributor, fans, transmission,,,. I mount a fuse block and relay bank close to the battery.

This is one of my cleaner installations. The relays, fuses and starter relay are clustered on the right in front of the shock tower. The relays interlock so you only need to mount a couple of them.
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1.../AF1QipN_StXTUtKXm3bK0QqrA9FmQz9tIzwYI3pHbU4l

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online