Engine ping/knock?

Austin19

Reaction score
This is a repost of sorts I figured out how to post videos to my discussion in hopes I can more accurately find my problem. Truck sat for 6 years previous owner said it was parked due to brake issues and left because it wasn’t needed anymore. When I bought it all it needed was a starter and to bleed the lines and it cranked up great. No smoke out of the ordinary little to no blow by at all no missing does feel sluggish although the c6 is likely the culprit of that. But there’s this ping/knock sound coming from cylinder 8 loosened the injector line the knock went away put a new injector on it sound went away for a minute or two then crept back. Swapped injector 7 to 8 to see if the injector was bad and the knock was still on cylinder 8. Any ideas?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
In your middle video, I could hear the intake pulse really loudly. Is that what you're hearing?

Austin19

Reaction score
No there’s a metallic pinging sound sorta sounds like it’s coming from the bottom end. But I was curious if they intake popping was anything to worry about