Electrical Problems With the Lighting

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Well a few days ago my Alternator overcharged and went kaboom i could tell after almost all the fuses in my fuse box popped at once after replacing the fuses i would turn on the lights and for some reason every time i pull out the light switch it pops fuse number 4 and sometimes the fuse to the dome lights, i put in a bigger fuse to see what it would do but when i turned on the lights the wires would get so hot they would start smoking, Ive also tried 2 different light switches the lights would be dim and the wires would get hot as stated so i stopped with it, my rear break lights wont work either but the drivers side will flash when the hazard lights are on and they are very bright im stumped as to what is going on and this didn't start happening till the alt F%$ked up any help is needed and appreciated :mad:

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trapper,

Trying to solve the problem by putting in larger fuses is asking for trouble. They are there to protect your wires from overheating and from the resulting electrical fires.;Really

I think you have a short somewhere in your electrical system. That's what made your alternator want to overcharge your battery. So, you need to find the short. You seem to have narrowed it down to one circuit. Find all the accessories on that circuit and disconnect them. Then plug in one at a time and see if the fuse blows (the original size fuse, not the higher rated one).
This should help you find the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online