Electric issues 93 6.5

GunnerJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up trading into a 6.5, and overall I'm pleased. There is a big issue with the wiring however (I believe). When it's been sitting overnight, it blows a guage fuse without fault. When I put it in reverse, my panel lights and radio and sometimes even my blower controls flicker. Sometimes my glow plugs randomly come on, even after a half hour of running. Bumps cause things to flicker as well. When I turn my headlights on, sometimes it takes 10 or 15 seconds to get them to light up, and my panel lights are about the same but never come on at the same time. It seems like it would be a body control module or PCM, but a Google search brings nothing up. Anyone have experience with an issue like this or any suggestions?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well you didn't say what year, but there's no body control module.
Sounds like you just need to start checking the wiring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Daddyoh

Reaction score
I ended up trading into a 6.5, and overall I'm pleased. There is a big issue with the wiring however (I believe). When it's been sitting overnight, it blows a guage fuse without fault. When I put it in reverse, my panel lights and radio and sometimes even my blower controls flicker. Sometimes my glow plugs randomly come on, even after a half hour of running. Bumps cause things to flicker as well. When I turn my headlights on, sometimes it takes 10 or 15 seconds to get them to light up, and my panel lights are about the same but never come on at the same time. It seems like it would be a body control module or PCM, but a Google search brings nothing up. Anyone have experience with an issue like this or any suggestions?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I would remove everything electrical that is not stock on the truck. For accessories to actuate randomly there must be a common connection involved. I believe it has a ECM I would check that also there is a 5volt and check all your grounds.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring on the fire wall where all the hots are and the grounds iv seen a few that the wiring got hot on the passenger side of the bay where the harness drops down to the starter and passes close to the exhaust manifold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online