Electric fuel pump question

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm using the thread in the tech section (How to replace your mechanical fuel pump with a Facet Duralift electric fuel pump)

and working on the electrical. I'm almost finished except the last wire for the leg 85 on the relay.

How did everyone do this splice? I'm way over thinking this!
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re over thinking it, you can cut the wire and strip the insulation back and solder your wire into the circuit, or you can just put another ring clip on the ignition stud on the gpc if you don’t want to cut into the factory harness.;Sweet

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's how I did mine :) with a compression T-Tap connector. on one of the two wires to the VSS spade connector. Normally I would never use a tap connector, but since the relay only pulls 100 milliamps or so, it doesn't have to be a full-current-rating connection.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anywhere you can get at the red/green wire. If the GP controller is in the back that might be a little tough to get to but that’s a pretty good idea. It works the same as the fuel shutoff.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone! [emoji592][emoji592][emoji592][emoji272]

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THIS TRUCK HAS NEVER STARTED SO WELL!!!!!!!!
[emoji7][emoji33][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji140][emoji140][emoji140][emoji140][emoji140]

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the one I just installed 33gph.

It definitely made things a lot easier bleeding air than ever before.

Unfortunely for this truck it sits a lot so the new set up only has about 50 miles on it.

I want it to be my daily driver but I need to find a way to update the seatbelts in the back for the car seats for the kids.

Haha I got a kick out of the "what people also bought" list

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I used the 40222. Made a bracket to mount it on the inner fender so it's isolated from engine vibration. The relay that triggers it is mounted on said bracket, FSS wire is tapped with a splice connector (not the best way to do it) and the relay is triggered via a 3-prong oil pressure switch that allows power with ignition on, then switches to power via oil pressure in the event that the engine cuts. That way fuel doesn't continue to pump. I also wired in a push button and diode via the ignition circuit (diode so it doesn't back feed power to the starter relay) so I can prime with the ignition off.

I need to adjust the fed from the pump to the filter head since the bend radius causes the hose to narrow/start to kink.

Details are in the thread linked in my signature.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01