EGR delete questions

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the 2006 PC/ED manual (page 1-23), the MAF signal is used to calculate the Exhaust Gas Recirculation flow.

Although the same manual states that it is input signals from the Baro, EBP, and MAP sensors that are used in the control of the EGR valve.

Last edited:

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fan won't work as intended with the EGR valve unplugged. This has been thoroughly researched and documented on other forums.

When I deleted mine, I threw the block off plate away and left the valve and plug intact. You could also leave the valve plugged in and zip tie it away and install the block off plate but that just didn't seem very kosher to me.

I used an SCT x4 to get rid of the CEL.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of a blanket statement, how about "it depends on the year of truck."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agreed, the early trucks like mine don’t trip the light with a delete. I do have my valve still in place. The only thing I’ve seen is an egr flow code if I pull codes, but it doesn’t set the light.

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the early trucks like mine don’t trip the light with a delete. I do have my valve still in place. The only thing I’ve seen is an egr flow code if I pull codes, but it doesn’t set the light.

Correct. Removing the EGR valve won't trip a CEL on the early years but that's not what I was talking about at all.
Disconnecting the EGR valve will affect the way the fan behaves at different duty cycles though I don't know whether or not that's true on the 03-04 models.

I'm thinking it doesn't in which case I stand corrected. I own an 06 so I tend to forget about all the differences :idiot:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, the old stuff is different. Lol
Like I have a "throttle body" but it's a blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
According to the 2006 PC/ED manual (page 1-23), the MAF signal is used to calculate the Exhaust Gas Recirculation flow.

Although the same manual states that it is input signals from the Baro, EBP, and MAP sensors that are used in the control of the EGR valve.

MAF is use to help calculate the valve to open and and how much. But the Temp difference in the intake has to be sensed. Even though it knows how far the valve is open and no temp change. Then it triggers a engine light.

03-early 04’s don’t have that issue

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online