e4od help needed

Sean-O

Reaction score
I have a 97 psd the trans was just rebuilt, new torque converter & second set of solenoids has been installed. My problem seems to be that the tcc is stuck. When I hook up my MAC scam pad I can monitor everything the transmission is doing in live time but I get nothing on the TCC Solenoid. I’ve checked everything I can think of & some things that I found on these forums but to no avail......HELP!!!!

Dragrace504

Reaction score
Yes definitely check connector and wiring harness.On one truck I had a wire bad in the harness on another truck there was a small rock not allowing connector to plug in all the way.

Sean-O

Reaction score
Harness is good that was the very first thing I checked...a truck this point I’m thinking O’Rielly auto gave me a non PWM solenoid pack. I get reading on everything except the tcc

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Per what I’ve read all diesels were PWM solenoids

All E4OD trannys and early 99 R4100 were non PWM.
Late 99 to 03 were PWM.

Is the PCM commanding TC lock up. If it is you have a bad wire, solenoid, or stuck valve.
If it is not commanding TC lock up. Something is up with the PCM or related sensors.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
If the converter is locked all the time you have low fluid or a bad converter.

PWM is used to dampen the converter clutch lock up. It was a factory fix for a harsh lock up. My opinion it made it to mushy.

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My E4OD is built to 97 specs. I have LEDs on all the solenoids so I know for sure what they are trying to do.