E4OD ATSG manual ordered...build soon?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered an E4OD ATSG manual. This is the first step of my 2wd to rwd conversion.

1st will be tearing down my nfg 4x trans. Gutting it inspecting case amd having it thoroughly cleaned. This will set the stage for the gutting of Brians rebuilt 2wd case and swapping thos guts to my case.

Hoping of course along the way no partz needed.

Adding a shift kit...and may even aquire a Bauman controller which would be the ultimate for me.

Just tired of rowing in a daily driver....ugh.

More to come...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would wait for the manual, before tearing into it.

Couple of tools you will need, but you can make them.

If and when you tear it down, depending on what year it is, there is a bunch of rubber check balls under the separator plate for the control body.

You would do well getting a piston lip seal kit along with the gaskets and feed bolts.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be zero activity until said book arrives....then there may be parts ordered slowly...depends on what I choose....easy swap 2wd to 4wd w new seals etc or a complete rebuild w new clutches n steel planetaries etc.

Just dont knkw

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear what your saying about rowing. I love my ZF but am leaning toward convenience, so I will be watching and learning. Hope all goes well.

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have built one E4OD. It took me about a week, by-the-book. There is an ATSG update manual. The general idea is to build to 1997 level.

You need a lip seal installation device.

I used a drill press to press one clutch pak.

I can highly recommend the Transgo 4R100-HD2 Tugger valve body kit - also works for E4OD. That took me two days, again by-the-book.

I have been using a Baumann controller for over a decade. Two profiles, switchable on-the-fly.

If I had started a second build immediately after the first it would probably taken one day.

Have fun.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I have built one E4OD. It took me about a week, by-the-book. There is an ATSG update manual. The general idea is to build to 1997 level.

You need a lip seal installation device.

I used a drill press to press one clutch pak.

I can highly recommend the Transgo 4R100-HD2 Tugger valve body kit - also works for E4OD. That took me two days, again by-the-book.

I have been using a Baumann controller for over a decade. Two profiles, switchable on-the-fly.

If I had started a second build immediately after the first it would probably taken one day.

Have fun.
Thanks....

Not sure where what going to do but 1 thing for sure...waiting on that damn manual.

Once I get it I will see if its updated ...hope so otherwise was waste $

Still fiddling w e4od currently in truck to get it function correctly. Limp mode right now ...hope can get it full fìunction till get a real good trans in it.

Might bend yer ear amongst others here