Dynomax 19430 Exhaust System

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took a look on Jegs the other day and they had them in stock so I ordered it up. When the exhaust comes in I will be posting pictures of removal of the old exhaust and install of this one. The reason I went this route is my local exhaust shop wanted to charge $600 to do the exhaust the same way as this kit. So exhaust kit $340 and a $75 credit from Dynomax it will only cost $265 for this exhaust system. I thought this sounds like a great deal.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not one to do the exhaust yourself, then Yeah I would say that is a fantastic deal!

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I do not have a way to bend an exhaust system. But this one that I am getting I will be welding it up.

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the exhaust system from Dynomax. I already made one improvement to the system. The system comes with mostly 3 inch from the y pipe to the muffler then 4 inch out to a 5 inch tip. I bought an extra piece of 4 inch tubing so now it has 4 1/2 feet of 3 inch tubing and 4 1/2 feet of 4 inch tubing to the muffler then still the 4inch out to a 5 inch tip.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohh... I didn't realize it came with the y-pipe too...

I'm rather anxious to see what difference you notice with it. Certainly looks like there'll be more flow than stock.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have considered one of these systems for when my factory y pipe finally rots out. Please let us all know what it sounds like. Not sure I will like the 5" tip, but hopefully you will post up pics after you complete the install.

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh... I didn't realize it came with the y-pipe too...

I'm rather anxious to see what difference you notice with it. Certainly looks like there'll be more flow than stock.
The stock exhaust y pipe is 2 inch the Dynomax is 2 1/4 to the collector or the merge point. At that point, it turns into 3 inch.

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have considered one of these systems for when my factory y pipe finally rots out. Please let us all know what it sounds like. Not sure I will like the 5" tip, but hopefully you will post up pics after you complete the install.
Yes, I will definitely post pics of the install and do a video of what it sounds like.

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the y pipe available alone, or only in the kit? I used the Diamond eye OBS Powerstroke 4" cat back kit on my 94 factory turbo idi, and I would imagine that it could be made to fit right behind the y pipe for N/A applications. Cool setup, I want to see and hear the finished product.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered this kit as soon as the deal was posted here. My buddy in the states has it for me and it will take a couple of weeks to get it, but I am looking forward to installing it! I still have the original exhaust on my truck:Thumbs Up amazing how much longer they last on diesels.

Pork_Chop50, the y pipe is available separately. There are other threads here (search for Dynomax....) and you will find lots of references.

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't appear condescending, because my intent and tone is neither. Another option worth investigating for those wanting a full 4" is the Diamond Eye kit I mentioned earlier because it is 4" from the cat back, or in this case the y-pipe back. Looking over the photos @FoolhardyIDI posted you would need to cut the y past the collector and have a 3" to 3.5" adapter. The Diamond Eye has a 3.5" to 4" included. Just tossing another option for those looking. The downside is expense, as the current price of $265 is quite the bargain. Again I hope no offense is taken, I do not want to appear critical of this project.

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the y pipe available alone, or only in the kit? I used the Diamond eye OBS Powerstroke 4" cat back kit on my 94 factory turbo idi, and I would imagine that it could be made to fit right behind the y pipe for N/A applications. Cool setup, I want to see and hear the finished product.
As far as i can tell yes. here are the part numbers for the 2 parts of the y pipe Dynomax 55291 and 52273

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New exhaust

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score