Dyno graphs: Moose pump & Moose injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I do remember a post a while back about a marine IDI. I think the power numbers were higher, and I think we determined it was because the marine IDI could cool more effectivle (as it would have a whole lake full of cool water) vs a radiator and hot coolant to cool.

I think that it came out that the heat build up was in the heads, and the engine wouldn't cool as well if it had been in a truck.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the stock lift pump? How much boost does the truck see on these dyno runs?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the stock lift pump? How much boost does the truck see on these dyno runs?

No, I have a Holley Red (see signature). It is having a hard time keeping up with the Moose pump and injectors these days. It is getting long in the tooth and not putting out the pressure/volumn it used to as well. May need to try a different pump next time.

I don't know the max boost as the gauge is only a 15 psi unit. I can tell you it pegs the gauge on the rollers.

Heath

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I have a Holley Red (see signature). It is having a hard time keeping up with the Moose pump and injectors these days. It is getting long in the tooth and not putting out the pressure/volumn it used to as well. May need to try a different pump next time.

I don't know the max boost as the gauge is only a 15 psi unit. I can tell you it pegs the gauge on the rollers.

Heath

So what pump are we thinking?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How so? That's like saying its a shame you have to make mods at all. LOL When you change one thing, you have to change another. This is the law of nature.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Most guys will do different lift pumps anyways, so if you do plan a moose pump/misters you might as well plan for a different type of electric fuel pump.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried the ppe PPE1130500 lift pump? It looks just like the Edelbrock one I have in my maverick but is a little more money. What is the difference between gasoline and diesel pumps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online