DT360 Performance Questions

badass76ford

badass76fordboy
Reaction score
Oh, i havnt pulled my dt from the truck yet, its in a 1990 IH 4700 strait truck. I just really want to retain the 3053a spicer trans in it for simplicity reason and i just like shifting:D. Anybody know any way of mating the spicer trans to the t-case or one that fits that trans? Again any info is much app.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I have a mint 5spd Allison with tcm for sale...

Hesutton... Good luck fitting a 466! My dt360 was a LOT of work to get it to fit period! A 466 is 7 inches longer! It will NOT fit without severe firewall mods and radiator relocation! If you put a 466 in without firewall mods, the front of the valve cover will touch the radiator core support! Might as well scrap that idea now before you cut everything up and realize it won't work! I did enough custom fab work to get a mechanical fan squeezed in front of my 360. Had to source some oddball non related parts to make it work!
i have faith in Heath.
1) he's from Kentucky.....he'll make it work mechanically. somehow.
2) he works in tight confined spaces for a living. betcha he can rebuild a motor working through a 2in opening.
yes. I'm joking. but all joking aside, the DT466 project isn't going in a daily driver. I don't think a heavily modified firewall will hurt his aspirations at all.

strokermax

Reaction score
id keep it in the box truck. total sleeper. i promise u nobody expects a boxtruck to have anything under the hood. also pipewhiner finally got it done might give me a reason to check it out over there

FlatPat

Reaction score
I know of the adapter to run a P7100 on a DT360. I ran across what looks like a p-pump off a DT466 is it possible to run this pump on a DT360?

Part# PES6P110A320LS3330

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
It will not work. Spins the wrong direction, plus it's only 11mm P3000. Looks like you found us on the Facebook page too.

comotionman

Reaction score
I did enough custom fab work to get a mechanical fan squeezed in front of my 360. Had to source some oddball non related parts to make it work

How about an update? Any pics and description of mechanical fan install? I've got one underway myself, wondering if you did something similar to what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online