Dropped Thread!!!

jeffnzoya

Reaction score
I have been spending so much time on the Superdury diesel site trying to get my truck running to my standards (like the factory 7.3 that I blew did), I completely forgot about this thread. (Make's me want to throw down my two vices).

Just today, I put my F250 up for sale and Tuesday, I am going to a local auction where I buy all my vehicles, and look at two 04's, one with 118k and the other has 47k. There is also an 07 LT, crew cab, auto, sunroof 4x4 with the duramax and 54k that I am going to pay particular attention.

The description did not say wheather it has the allison. Is it possible to get a chevy without the allison transmission, I don't want to make that mistake.

I hear that there is a hp diff starting in 06,

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Jeff.

WanaDmxsub

Reaction score
'01 to present, if it has a diesel, it has an allison 5or6 spd automatic or a ZF-6 manual. Those were the only options.
There are 4 generations of the duramax. Find one of the duramax forums and you will get quick answers to your questions.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I know through '05 you could get the ZF 6-speed behind the Dmax but it was a special order deal. They were mostly found in chassis cab trucks and base models, but occasionally you could find them in the LS trucks. My cousin had a '04 2500HD 4x4 SWB LS and sold it with about 50k miles on it because the clutch and flywheel was shot and he didn't pull a lot. If the listing says auto then it's the Allison.

I"d go with teh low mileage '04. You'll take less of a beating on depreciation and have way less potential for problems than the '07.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
tom-
you been on there lately?

Calvin

I haven't even been here much lately. Been too busy with other stuff. I did check it out on Tuesday. Seems my DMax has started to get air in the fuel filter. Had to bleed it three times in the last few days to start it. Seems to be a not-so-uncommon problem. It's going to the dealership on Monday. Got no tolerance for that crap!

Tom

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin

I haven't even been here much lately. Been too busy with other stuff. I did check it out on Tuesday. Seems my DMax has started to get air in the fuel filter. Had to bleed it three times in the last few days to start it. Seems to be a not-so-uncommon problem. It's going to the dealership on Monday. Got no tolerance for that crap!

Tom
tom-
from the looks of it, they've also been the subject of a corporate takeover too. I know in the older 6.2/6.5 section, there are a few guys who decided it was time to take a break from posting. Unfortunately, I don't know most of them well enough to bring their tech depth over here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online