Draining your oil...any opinions?

unclehoser

Old dog, new tricks
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has had experience with Fumoto drain valves. It's windy 99% of the time here, and that last 'trickle' of oil after the majority has drained wants to blow all over the driveway. Seems like one of these things and a short piece of tubing would stop that problem!

Anybody use 'em? Any good? Not any good? All opinions welcome, thanks!

Dave

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one on another truck years ago, not a diesel but that doesn’t matter. When you drained the oil it drained right on to the hot exhaust. Anyway I bought one of the Fumoto drain valves and used a short piece of hose like you said. I was very pleased with the quality, and functionality of it. I never had any issues with it in over 100k miles. I would buy one again in a similar situation, but they’re a little pricey to go putting one on every vehicle I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unclehoser

Old dog, new tricks
Reaction score
I had one on another truck years ago, not a diesel but that doesn’t matter. When you drained the oil it drained right on to the hot exhaust. Anyway I bought one of the Fumoto drain valves and used a short piece of hose like you said. I was very pleased with the quality, and functionality of it. I never had any issues with it in over 100k miles. I would buy one again in a similar situation, but they’re a little pricey to go putting one on every vehicle I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I appreciate the input.

wyndnra1n

Reaction score
I have used multiple Fumoto valves with complete satisfaction every time. I used to drive about 3k miles a month and it made oil changing a breeze. They also make a bunch of different styles for whatever you want to do. I personally use the short style without the barb for a hose.

testlight

Reaction score
Never used one, but magnets and cardboard and newspaper and all kinds of contraptions to keep the wind at Bay definitely done those.

unclehoser

Old dog, new tricks
Reaction score
I took the plunge and bought one, so we'll see how it does at the next oil change. Thanks for all the input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online