DPF cleaning

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one has had issues with there DPF plugging up I found a place that can clean them for a coupple hundred bucks instead of buying a new one for a coupple grand ;Sweet;Sweet

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Called a DPF delete kit......Chunk it.....or mail it to the EPA with no return address but include a tube of KY so they get the idea where to put it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY!!!

DPF's are full of pretious metals, like platinum, and many others. They will cost a couple grand to buy from what I hear, mostly due to the metals used in them. Dont throw them away, if anything, try to buy up everybody's DPF's and store them away for a while.

There were actually people going out and stealing them for scrap cause they could get a couple hundred out of them.

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY!!!

DPF's are full of pretious metals, like platinum, and many others. They will cost a couple grand to buy from what I hear, mostly due to the metals used in them. Dont throw them away, if anything, try to buy up everybody's DPF's and store them away for a while.

There were actually people going out and stealing them for scrap cause they could get a couple hundred out of them.

A ran in to a guy from haliburton the other day and got to bs'n with him about work and what not he was saying they have them replaced in there service trucks all the time cause they will idle for days sometimes up north in the cold and the last one ford had charged them to replace was just shy of $5,000:eek::eek::eek::eek:

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of our 08 dodges were in the shop monthly getting the DPF's cleaned.The dealer had to do them under warranty and they never changed one,but I kinda think that they should have as often as they were in the shop:dunno

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of our 08 dodges were in the shop monthly getting the DPF's cleaned.The dealer had to do them under warranty and they never changed one,but I kinda think that they should have as often as they were in the shop:dunno

well if they just try to clean them out without the right equipment then they will not be fully cleaned and will work but most likely clog up quicker the next time

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I questioned them about their procedure and they said it was the way Dodge told them to do it.When they were real bad they said it took 8 hrs to get em clean.When I asked why not replace them their answer was "Dodge wont pay"cookooThat is exactly why I'll never buy another Dodge.

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrysler has to be the worst for warranty all they do is lie and try to get out of doing the work but as far as i know unless you have a kiln it wont be cleaned correctly so how ever they're cleaning it is more then likely pure bs plus the dpf has to be removed so sounds kinda fish to me if you want to really stir the fire ask haw they're measuring the back pressure before and after cleaning and how many inches of water it has after it was cleaned im sure they wont have a clue

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Funny, but most of the folks here have said that the DPFs are garbage and should be removed because they don't work. Interesting that I'm not the only one that thinks they're totally useless.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
They ain't useless.They have made the auto industry,EPA,Democrats,Leftist Liberal trash,and countless subcontractors millions/billions of dollars based on junk science.So they have done their job.