Doing the crappy job myself (edited)

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maby a pull cable like a aftermarket choke cable or something would work to Jimmy rig an auctuator I know the oil helped a bunch on my truck I think it thinned out the old grease or something like that

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the video, your blend door is bending when you pull on it, it’s showing me something at the bottom is binding it up. Check/ pull out that off coloured white plastic piece beside the heater core, I’ve seen that bind stuff up before.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Another tip, if you can’t see somewhere, like in the heater box, to actually see what the door is doing, stick you phone/camera where you can get your hand, and take some pictures/video, and look at those. I have big hands, and am also a big guy, so this has helped me many times. Also it helps you see behind things.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stuff falls back there a lot, especially pens. If you have a stick camera or can jam phone on there and take photo and see if something in there like a book of matches, a dead cicada carcass, etc

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use gloves cause it can be so nasty in there

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you need to replace the blend door:

This was back in Sept. 2009:

Part # & description is: EOTZ-18A361-A SEAL & DOOR ASSY - HT

On my part box it is described as 'Control'

Powerstrokeshop.com has it for $30 + shipping

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty guys, sorry for not updating here, between getting sick and all the holiday bs I haven't had the time or motivation to work on the truck. But now I'm back at it, so let's dig in :D

I just removed the heater core. I started feeling around, I think I found the culprit. This was behind the blend door. Anyone wanna take a guess what this guy is?

You must be registered for see images attach

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed the heater core. I started feeling around, I think I found the culprit. This was behind the blend door. Anyone wanna take a guess what this guy is?

Looks like the wrench for a rivet tool to change the fitting for different sized rivets.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cheap wrench / Slot screwdriver. 5/16" - 3/8" hex. Glad you didn't have to replace the blend door. that job is no fun.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the wrench for a rivet tool to change the fitting for different sized rivets.
That's an interesting idea. I wonder if that was a present from the factory LOL

The blend door moves freely, so that was definitely the problem. Now I'm putting everything back together. Anyone know where this connector goes? It was a casualty when I pulled the heater box cover off, and for the life of me I can't find where it came from.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is back together, and... MY HEAT WORKS!! :D

The cable is trash, so that's disconnected right now untill I get another. But all I gotta do is reach behind the glove box to adjust the heat, so no big deal.

Thank you all so much for your help. I won't say it was "easy", working under the dash sucks when you're a noob, but it was much easier than I thought it would be. Wouldn't have tried it myself if it weren't for you guys, now I know how to change my own heater core too. You guys are awesome, thank you for teaching this rookie a few things :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online