Does anybody still have the carburetor lid for the Banks PowerPack

one5six7

Reaction score
Hi I got a 1985 f250 xl and I think the previous owner turned the fuel up and messed the engine up. I got it for 1k it only has 77k miles. But I'm interested in fixing it up as it will be my daily. So if anyone has a PowerPack lid id be interested in obtaining it from you.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you probably cant share photos yet, but are you talking about the big rectangular setup? i have a non-wastegated banks turbo and dont need the whole intake hat filter housing thing...

when you say messed the engine up, what do you mean?

one5six7

Reaction score
you probably cant share photos yet, but are you talking about the big rectangular setup? i have a non-wastegated banks turbo and dont need the whole intake hat filter housing thing...

Well the engine bay is all oiled and gunked up but they also said there's metal in the oil so i wanted to drain it. And stick a magnet above it. They said it was a daily and then one day it wouldn't start.

one5six7

Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh right one of those. Nope, sorry. A carburetor hat cover can be used to make a new intake if you wanted something different, or you can get the stock intake easy

Well the engine bay is all oiled and gunked up but they also said there's metal in the oil so i wanted to drain it. And stick a magnet above it. They said it was a daily and then one day it wouldn't start.
They who for metal in oil?

Oily dirty engine bay goes with the territory. I haven't seen an IDI yet that wasn't a messy slob, unless it was intentionally cleaned or redone.

Not starting one day could be a lot of easy-ish problems. Air in fuel, bad glow plugs or controller, other issues. Does it run for you?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The factory oil pan drain plugs have a magnet on the end of them. I'd think it would have to be a lot of metal to just be floating around in there. Maybe they saw the magnet and thought "engine damage". There's usually metal on the magnet when you change oil. It's hard to imagine what he could have damaged to put metal in the oil just by turning up the fuel. Your engine is probably ok unless it was run without oil or coolant.

one5six7

Reaction score
oh right one of those. Nope, sorry. A carburetor hat cover can be used to make a new intake if you wanted something different, or you can get the stock intake easy

They who for metal in oil?

Oily dirty engine bay goes with the territory. I haven't seen an IDI yet that wasn't a messy slob, unless it was intentionally cleaned or redone.

Not starting one day could be a lot of easy-ish problems. Air in fuel, bad glow plugs or controller, other issues. Does it run for you?

How would you check air in fuel and i need to get a battery should I get 2 or 1. The guy gyped me of the batteries.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One good fully charged battery will start it, that is if all the other components are up to *****, but you need two for the long run.