dodge CL deal.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not mime.....

nice '92 dodge ram diesel auto - $1859 (danville / san ramon)

Date: 2011-08-29, 3:51PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Transmission: Automatic Fuel type: Diesel Interior color: Gray
Disability equipped: No Cab type (for trucks only): Regular cab

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
You must be registered for see images

PostingID: 2572452528

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might I ask how you can tell it's spam?
Might help me out in the future when Im browsing CL:dunno

The way there is very little description, a good price, few to little pics, etc. I emailed the person for the hell of it to see if somehow it is real :sly

-Jordan-

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just for the record, I just paid $1200 for a 2wd club cab 3/4t complete, running, and registered. will post pics later on tonite. yes, it did have a Cummins under the hood:D

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea but that thing is 4x4 and looks way too clean by the one pic to be that cheap, but if its true i sure wish it was closer!

-Jordan-

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea but that thing is 4x4 and looks way too clean by the one pic to be that cheap, but if its true i sure wish it was closer!

-Jordan-
i'll give you that much. but then again, there's not much of a market for the gen 1 trucks. you either love them or hate them.
i happen to like them alot;Sweet
here's the pics of the one I just picked up.

Attachments

• SL374017.JPG
    SL374017.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 9
  • SL374019.JPG
    SL374019.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 11
  • SL374021.JPG
    SL374021.JPG
    290.9 KB · Views: 10

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like them alot, i got the email back from the guy, the email still seems kinda wishy washy, but seems believable. If it was close by i would go check it out it could be legit. Yall can read it for yourselves and see what you think. The things that get me are the indirectness of the email and the offer of taking care of shipping.

Hello,

I am selling this beautiful, well maintained 1992 Dodge Ram 2500 72K 12V 4WD because my brigade will deploy for 14 months to Afghanistan. I'm under enormous time pressure cause I need to sell it fast, before September 7 that being the reason for selling it so low. It is in immaculate condition, non-smoker, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident...I do have the title, clear, under my name. It is gently used with only 72,223 miles !

It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $1,850. The truck is in perfect condition and in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back. It is 4x4, 6 cyl, automatic.

I've sent you few photos bellow.. Please click here :

https://picasaweb.google.com/1008603...67796/DodgeRam

Thank you
David Burke

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hello,

I am selling this beautiful, well maintained 1992 Dodge Ram 2500 72K 12V 4WD because my brigade will deploy for 14 months to Afghanistan. I'm under enormous time pressure cause I need to sell it fast, before September 7 that being the reason for selling it so low. It is in immaculate condition, non-smoker, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident...I do have the title, clear, under my name. It is gently used with only 72,223 miles !

It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $1,850. The truck is in perfect condition and in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back. It is 4x4, 6 cyl, automatic.

I've sent you few photos bellow.. Please click here :

https://picasaweb.google.com/1008603...67796/DodgeRam

Thank you
David Burke

Yup That is the most popular scam on Craigslist.

Selling it low, because he is being deployed and he offeres to ship it.

This is what Craigslist has on the front page of the cars for sale section:

How to recognize a vehicle scam attempt on CL:
Shipping a vehicle to you is suggested by seller
eBay Motors or another intermediary is specified by seller
Payment by Western Union or a money wire is requested
Price is unusually low (fraction of blue book value)

If you see these tell-tale signs, flag ad as "prohibited" and avoid

Offers to ship a vehicle are virtually 100% fraudulent

eBay has no involvment in craigslist for sale ads, and any eBay or similar emails or web pages you receive are fake

Never use Western Union or wire transfer to pay for goods - only a scammer will ask for this, and any funds sent will be lost

Do not buy vehicles sight-unseen, regardless of low price. The vehicle does not exist, and any money you send will be lost.

Stories about divorcees or departing servicemen needing to sell quickly at a low price are generally fraudulent

If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

More information is available for avoiding scams

At the very least they are fishing for emails to sell to spammers, and at the most they are trying to get you to send you a check, or western union him some money to hold the truck.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Might I ask how you can tell it's spam?
Might help me out in the future when Im browsing CL:dunno

Couple of other things to watch for is that the price usually ends in an odd number,..Like his price was $1,859.00,.. They put tons of ads out on CL so they have to make each ad a little different to get through the CL spam filters. So they change the price and have to use odd numbers.

They also cut and copy just a generic complete description of the make and model of what they are using and post parts of it in each ad that they run, And it is usually stuff that no normal person selling would ever put in the ad, or how it is worded doesn't make a complete sentence.

For instance he used:

Transmission: Automatic Fuel type: Diesel Interior color: Gray
Disability equipped: No Cab type (for trucks only): Regular cab

Well that was cut and copied from some specification website like Wikipedia that gives all of the specs for any vehicle and they just cut a small portion and put different parts in their ad.

If this was an actual ad from a real person it would read closer to this

1992 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel, Reg Cab Long Box 4x4, Automatic, with only 71K miles on it. Beautiful Condition, everything works, Bla Bla Bla,..

And the price would be closer to $12K

wmoguy

Reaction score
i'll give you that much. but then again, there's not much of a market for the gen 1 trucks. you either love them or hate them.
i happen to like them alot;Sweet
here's the pics of the one I just picked up.

There isn't in Cali?

Out here one that clean would bring 8-10k all day long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.