Diesel Tracker

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like a fun little ride. I don't fit in those though. A buddy of mine had one, pretty sure I weigh more that they do LOL

So is that a gasser right now and just planning a diesel swap down the road, or did they have a diesel option? A VW TDI should be perfect for that!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Those suzuki (we called them vitaras) had a mazda 2.0 turbo diesel in them here ... went really well and easily get 35 mpg.

Too bad the US Market didn’t get some of the power plant options the rest of the world did. I don’t think the US ever had a diesel version of anything Suzuki..... Just like we only had a diesel Ranger for a couple years in the 80’s..... I think they have mentioned a “Baby PSD” for the Ranger now.... but I don’t think its been released yet....... too bad....

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slowly going over the little 1.9, it's only got 140,000k on it and budget is really tight, so I'm just doing the timing belt, water pump and other related wear items. I also swapped in a non EGR intake manifold and a k14 turbo from an AAZ idi. I spent some time cleaning up the intake ports, which had quite a bit of EGR sludge. With a modest tune and some .205 nozzles it should be right at 135hp and 188tq. It's easy to get a lot more out of them but the Suzuki transmission and clutch are the weak link. If I had the ability and shop, a Toyota W56 and axles would be the hot setup. Considering that I'm going to about double the stock horsepower, I'm thinking that it won't be a slouch. I also worked out a deal to trade my 1.6 16v engine for a pair of 4.30 differentials from an automatic Tracker. With the 10.5x31s it will put me right around the sweet spot at 70mph in 5th.

You must be registered for see images attach