diesel care

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
they sell injectors on ebay.
anyone use them? complaints comments?

today, the truck was surging pretty hard, good bit of white smoke, ton of white smoke if I lay off the accelerator.

so I am going to take the injectors to shiver diesel (injection shop down the road) if they don't have any injectors on hand, I'll probably order them online as they will be much cheaper.

aside from being matched pop off pressures, what else should I look for?

thanks alot
Drew

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are getting remans then you are always taking some what of a gamble IMO. Even a great rebuilder gets bad ones from time to time. I know nothing of the Ebay ones but if they are from a reputable company they should be ok.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
They have new as well. Someone on TDS was using them exclusively in their business and had very good luck with them. I talked to them about a turbo pump and injectors, were very competitive and very good to deal with about parts/prices, I have not ordered anything, so I can't tell you about their product.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
There was a guy selling remanned 'G's for $160 shipped.
I've got a set in my 7.3 right now. They seem just fine.

adelyser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do it!!!

I've dealt with dieselcare, and will never deal with them again. I bought some injectors for my mom's GM 6.5 turbo diesel, and he lost my order, so it took an extra week to get my parts. We later ordered an injector pump for the same truck, and after it was installed by the GM dealer, the pump tested bad and the truck would hardly run. Diesel care overnighted us another pump, and after paying for another install, the second pump did the exact same thing. We sent both pumps back, ordered a brand new pump from GM, and after install, everything was perfect.

Aaron

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
thanks folks.
adelyser: good info.

luckily enough there are two injection shops locally (within 45miles) and an international dealer is only 17miles away, tho they tend to be pricey on many things.
The injection shops are actual rebuilders, so I can just have them test them before I buy them.

I'm in the middle of a landscape/construction job, and seeing that white smoke on the way home scared the crap outta me. I *need* to finish the job, and also need to have my truck running well asap. So obviously waiting a week isn't a great idea.

I'll try to two shops tommorow morn and see what I can do.

later
Drew

taber45

Reaction score
I bought an IP from dieselcare. After I put it on, it didn't run right so I called and complained. They had excellent knowledge and it turned out to be a timing issue. The old IP was fine too, I guess, as it was previously replaced and the truck wasn't quite right when I bought it. With the timing corrected, the truck runs great on diesel, jet fuel, WVO, and WMO. No complaints. I have not changed any injectors yet, but if I do, I will give dieselcare my money again. adelyser should sell his GM and buy a FORD. Maybe he will have better luck with his truck!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, are you sure its not a plugged fuel filter, or an air leak? No such luck? Also, you might try shocking it with some power service or standyne in it and maybe that will buy you some time. Also I would expect it to be the pump before the injectors if it is surging. White smoke only might be only fuel injectors. It is a good practice to have your injectors pop tested rather than outright replaced. If your current set tests good, and you still have good power and mileage, you might just keep them. If you ahve two or more bad ones, then replace them as a set. If I have to replace my pump again I will probably buyfrom a local shop unless I am buying a custom tweaked pump. It is much preferable to have somebody local to deal with in case you have problems. These rotary pumps are hard to build and the slghtest mistake may make them self destruct in short order once you start using them.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
i ended up replacing the whole fuel system.

I posted about it with a few questions a few days ago and the thread was ignored.....

anyway

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm overstepping here, but have you checked the prices of some of this site's advertisers? I just figure they support us, let's try to support them.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I bought a pump and a set of injectors for them. They work great, the people were very friendly and helpful over the phone and I recieved the parts the next day ( I am only one state over ).I'm very happy with the service, and am going to ask them about getting one of my Bosch pumps rebuilt.

--------Robert

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
I bought a pump for my IDI from them last winter. Great service and price, pump works like it should.

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am loking at an IP for my 1994 7.3 IDI . Their prices are about $ 75 less than local ( after tax and shipping calculations ) . Is it worth it ? How are their pumps holding up ?

Last edited:

adelyser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, taber45 should have read my post, I was working on my mom's truck (that's what I get for working on trucks as a hobby). I personally own 4 fords, hence the reason I hang out in this forum.

Second, I had a bad experience with them, twice, and it's very possible that I was just unlucky at the time. I won't deal with them again, because when burned, you tend to get a bad impression and don't go back.

But, from the sounds of it, many others have had good luck with them, and I'm glad it worked out, and it may be worth considering.

One thing's for sure, their prices are very good compared to all the other places I looked.