Diagnostic test

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'91 F250 7.3 I.D.I. diagnostic test. My truck does not seem to have any diagnostic test connectors. I have been told that a diagnostic test can be run. The process is unclear to me but it involved doing something at the ignition then watching the dash cluster and it would go through a series of self diagnosis. Anyone?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only for the transmission. No engine computer on these trucks until mid 94 with the powerstroke.

What's going on with it?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To do a diagnostic test you need to go to your tool box and get some wrenches out, your favorite flat head and a multimeter. There’s no fancy computers on these engines, only diagnostic on them is good old fashioned wrenching :D

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long, lonnnng story, but the main problem is the wiring harness connectors were degraded on the side resting on the right fender. I need to find that harness. I had this truck in several shops and spent too much money on NOT getting the truck fixed . . . until I found a shop quite by accident that was able to discover this problem. They were able to splice this harness but i want to replace this harness and cannot find one.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I’d put up a want to buy ad here in the correct marketplace zone. I’m sure someone has what you need. When you say right do you mean the drivers side fender? That’s where the main harness comes out and splits into the various sub assemblies. A picture here is worth a million words. If you can point to where the repair was made, it should be easy to help you locate the right part.

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This harness was on the right side/passenger side. Tomorrow I will take a picture and post the picture. The veh. is a '91,F250,4wd,5 speed.

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did not occur to me to seek this part on the market place zone, so it one of you that responded to my original post I will list in in the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online