Deleted 6.7 cummins running wmo blend

Joe Blow

Reaction score
Hey guys had a 12v running 80/20 wmo/rug for 5 years with no issues. I just recently bought a tuned and deleted 2012 ram 3500 and was wondering if anyone has had any bad luck with running wmo blends in the 6.7. I'm thinking I would not run anything blended with rug because of the pressures and any air bubbles in the injection system may burn prematurely and carbon up the injectors. But I'm going to start with a 30/70 wmo/usld. Highly filtered of course. Down to 1 mic and ran through silica media and activated carbon to remove any acid compounds. If anyone has any information regarding this subject please let me know. Thanks fellas

Joe Blow

Reaction score
That was a typo 30/70 wmo/ulsd.please let me know of anyone running waste oil blends in these trucks. Thanks in advance

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Expensive injectors to carbon up... I don't know anyone who runs wmo in newer engines

Joe Blow

Reaction score
Well keeping rug out of the blend will keep it from prematurely burning inside the injector nozzle. A good head stud kit and water injection will keep the injectors from coking the outside of the tip. I just don't see being able to cheaply run more than 30% blends due to not having pilot injection turned off. That's possible but would cost me $1300 for another tune because I have no information of what tune I have. The way I bought it came with an efi live 5 different tune but no programmer to make any other changes. People run 50/50 blends with non pilot injection diesels. I do not think I have enough would have enough ctane to burn with 50/50 and pilot injection efficiently.