Dead cylinder on 2000 7.3

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
1. DTC P1264
2. Ohming the injector won't tell you squat about the orings or copper seal. Nor the puffs of smoke.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just to tie this up, it seems like the problem was a crap idm module from autozone. He ordered a new module and it runs great. Passes the idm test both hot and cold now. So there you have it. The pain and suffering that comes with beside the road repairs.

KCMeyer

Reaction score
This happened to me. Dead cylinder, missed like hell and threw codes like you would not believe. I tried everything. Friend of mine in another shop said "replace the fuel pump along the frame rail", my thoughts said that ain't it. But, I was out of ideas. Put a pump on and it ran like a stroke should. Just a thought, but it worked.

DieselDc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just to tie this up, it seems like the problem was a crap idm module from autozone. He ordered a new module and it runs great. Passes the idm test both hot and cold now. So there you have it. The pain and suffering that comes with beside the road repairs.

Was just going to mention the az idm. Even when you ohm out the solenoids and some look chitty, it’s not definitely that it’s bad. 3.2-4.4 is good. Had a guy ohm some out and he had 7-8 on most cylinders but come to find out the ipr wasn’t tight :/

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88