crew cab+ super cab??

Black dawg

Reaction score
I am in need of more seating in my crew cab. I have thought about adding a super cab to the back of the crew cab, and keeping the same wheelbase and building a flatbed. Any body know of pics of this job on the net?

I am not much for body work, it would be nice to find some one capable, and do some trading or work out a deal, but I am not finding anybody around here that is interested in the job.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I am in need of more seating in my crew cab. I have thought about adding a super cab to the back of the crew cab, and keeping the same wheelbase and building a flatbed. Any body know of pics of this job on the net?

I am not much for body work, it would be nice to find some one capable, and do some trading or work out a deal, but I am not finding anybody around here that is interested in the job.

LOL great minds think alike! I think I"m going to do this to mine, next spring!

Check out limousine builders. They could do this type of work with their eyes closed

Black dawg

Reaction score
LOL great minds think alike! I think I"m going to do this to mine, next spring!

Check out limousine builders. They could do this type of work with their eyes closed

I wonder what this set up would look like as drw? (I just read your drw conversion thread). When I use this truck, it is loaded, and the added safety would be nice.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I should add the reason for needing this is that I have 5 kids, a wmo addiction, and we use a truck for most everything that we do.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I wonder what this set up would look like as drw? (I just read your drw conversion thread). When I use this truck, it is loaded, and the added safety would be nice.

Maybe we need to go visit a builder and get a "group buy" on both components! :sly

Black dawg

Reaction score
Someone posted a 6 door truck for sale. Maybe it was last week :dunno

I have seen quite a few 6 door trucks for sale, but the length of this truck is already a pain on some of the roads we go on.

Basically it needs to be 1 ton 4x4, and no longer than it is already. And as much time and money thats dissappeared into this truck, I might as well continue with it.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen quite a few 6 door trucks for sale, but the length of this truck is already a pain on some of the roads we go on.

Basically it needs to be 1 ton 4x4, and no longer than it is already. And as much time and money that's disappeared into this truck, I might as well continue with it.

Hee hee, I tell that to my husband all the time

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not let a limo tech do that work for you unless your looking for a bondo bucket bad idea.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at doing this. Should be very straight forward. I was going to do this to the crewcab I'm working on, but got to thinking I just need to get the darn thing drivable. I love the Crewcab extended cab trucks. 6 doors seem way too long especially with a normal size bed.

Body lines match up, rear doors have the same profile top to bottom as the front doors. Rear plastics from an extended cab would work inside still. Seems like a really easy swap. I was concerned about the frame kick up behind the crewcab so I think the rear floor of the exteneded cab may need some massaging to get it done. I would try to round up a 92 or newer extended cab as they have rear shoulder belts and the better looking side windows. Carpet would need to be seemed probably under the rear seat and the headliners would get seamed also. That maybe able to be done as one shot so it doesn't have a visible seam, but it also may need to have a visible seam.

Price to me would also depend a lot on if a guy has to repaint the entire truck and do a lot of rust repair or if a guy can just blend the added extended cab into the rest of the pickup. Flat bed would keep it simple, but modifying a stock bed to fit wouldn't be too bad. Worst part about modifying an older truck like these is the repair work that needs to be since they are older.

I'd love to take on a project like this for someone if I had time. I don't have money to fund all the awesome projects I'd love to do. Definitely don't have time until next spring or summer though. Gotta get the crewcab done, oh and the 93 running again.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW...great idea...

I am still tinkering with the idea of a Super cab on my 1ton reg cab frame, then later cut the back off and add a Bronco back half...similar but different...

Wife just said put the diesel in the Bronco...I want the 1ton towing, and extra space as well as the 1/2 top that comes off...she's gonna have to wait till I do what I want to do!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats too much work for me... Plus thinking about getting that long rig parked or turned around scares me. I park way out in the edges of any parking lot because the parking spaces are no longer made up for a land yaht like mine.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely want to do the CC SC someday. Centurion made them. I want to find one of those cabs and make a crew super cab short box.