Crank No Start

Jacob9540

Reaction score
Hey everyone , I have a 2000 f250 7.3, currently has 280k miles on it that are EASY. Was not abused by no means. I have been sending my truck to show now for the pat 3 months due to an issue I’ve been having.
So it started with my truck randomly would die out of no where after driving for a couple mins , it died again and drive and died. Anyways I got the battery cables replaced , didn’t change it. I got the CPS from RiffRaff, didn’t change it , changed the ICP , didn’t change it , changed the IPR Valve , didn’t change it (the pig tails are bad on the IPR still). I had a shop replace an Oil pump , I was able to drive from Lewisville to Garland Texas (took about 1hr 30ish cause we drove back roads) , ran the whole time perfectly fine other than feeling sluggish , UNTIL I gave it some throttle to pass a car , then it sounded like the truck was having a miss fire and the clanking sound was horrible. From there I’ve dropped it off the the shop with the noise, and he’s been telling me he’s having a extremely hard time to start the truck , the truck has always been a pain to start in the cold and when you did it definitely didn’t sound right , but now it’s at the point of a crank no start really and I’m lost on what to do now cause I want to keep this truck.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SES light on? If so have you scanned for codes?

When the truck dies, does the WTS light come on as if the key was momentarily turned off then on again? If so the PCM is losing power for some reason.

You've got a bad pigtail on the IPR and you haven't replaced it yet? That is a sure fire cause for the truck to stall without tripping a code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online