Coolant Issues

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading about coolant overflow when you add a chip to the 6.0..... Is this a specific year problem.... Will it effect my 05? :yell:

ISNMU:drunk:

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every year of the 6.0 baby.

Some do it stock and some do it only when modded. The Diablo is the biggest puker of them all due to timing.

Some have had the puking solved by a new cap others have not. One theory is the coolant reservoir is too small. I personally never tried to solve my issue, but kept the coolant at the minimum line without issue.

The Quad 160 wasn't a bad puker, but the Diablo puked every time I put the pedal to the mat and I could smell it in the cab.

While at Sheid's this summer I noticed a brand new dealer's 05 had residue around cap.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
from what a tech told me, it has to do with some cooling valve sticking, not letting enough cooling get thru, but said it was mainly on 04's.

but I reckon if you add some timing to the mix, yeah, you're going to have probs. I had the pred in my 04, but it puked coolant if I was timed up or stock.

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ISurvivedNMU
How bad is the spew.... and it only comes out at the res cap?

Stock or mild timing advance you could notice light colored dribble coming from the neck of the cap onto the reservoir.

The Diablo can [though not always], Diablo stacked with a module or something really geeked with timing will spew down all over the left front suspension.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the timing do? Add extra heat to the chamber that can not be cooled fast enough? Or is it a valve issue that might be able to be corrected?

If a power unit will cause that, it must not be that good on the motors longevity!

Motown Fire

Reaction score
Mine does it also with the Predator on 65hp setting. But it does not seem to come from the resevor bottle.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Motown Fire
Mine does it also with the Predator on 65hp setting. But it does not seem to come from the resevor bottle.

Welcome motown...

Where does it puke antifreeze from?

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
my 03 never did it. ran quad's first guinipig box and still didn't do it. my 04 did it whether the pred was in or not at all.

05 still too new to tell. been dying to put the pred in to see what it'll do, but skeered to mess up another one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online