Clean Oil

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case any of you are intresred John Kennedy has come up with a filter that will keep your oil lookin like it came out of the can when it is time to change it. This guy has his own Dyno an he is always tring to make more horseepower an you can imagine what this does to the oil. His samples show that it is clean of all soot and heavy metals that can cause harm to your engine. I am going to try one as soon as he gets the complete kit together. I run his fuel filter and my fuel samples come back with excellent reports. kennedydiesel.com. he may cuss you if you say I said so.

Whit

Reaction score
So is this one of those toilet paper filters??? I have been wanting more info on them.

Cheers, Kevin

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whit
These are a bypass system that goes thro a add on filter. I looked at the but wipe filter an looked at a test on it an results were ok but thats as far as I went. There is a site gulfcoastfilters.com that you can look at the tissue if you want

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kennedy is also handeling the cat filter in kit form, suppose to be a lot cheaper than the others

Whit

Reaction score
I am currently running a polish filter, Amsoil BE100 I think, I have it mounted on the side of the block with inlet comming from the discharge of the oem filter, my return goes into the filler cap so I can monitor the filter flow, I like this system alot and change the finish filter once per yer or aprox 25k miles, the oem filter takes the oil down to 10 micron and the slip stream filter polishes down to 2 micron but this willnot take out the soot and the paper towel filter will take soot out .

Cheers, Kevin

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whit
sounds like a nice setup but as i said i know nothing of the tissue filter. will keep all posted when I get the kennedy installed. He sent sample to avelube and got back a excellent results and avelube said oil was like it came from can but had some diesel in it, probaly from so many hp tests on his dyno