Clay Magic

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well I got myself a clay bar to clean the paint up on the truck. It does a pretty good job. No I did not follow the directions I just grabbed a bucket of soapy water, wash mit and played Daniel in The Karate Kid movies LOL

Cleaned the ol paint right up - stripped all the wax straight off the truck along with all the little tree sap marks - even cleaned the road tar straight off. I'm taking a break at the moment because my arm is killing me - it's not the most easiest thing to do trust me but the results are worth it.

Getting ready to go out and play wax on / wax off in a little bit then maybe if the sun is still up and at 'em I'll zap some pictures of my shiney goat truck. :D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ah heck didn't make it - remembered there where a few spots that wanted to do some touch up paint on... Sherri knocked a bike over the other day in the garage and chipped the paint so the wax will get put off until tomorrow. Plus I fell asleep on the couch :D

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
argve said:
Ah heck didn't make it - remembered there where a few spots that wanted to do some touch up paint on... Sherri knocked a bike over the other day in the garage and chipped the paint so the wax will get put off until tomorrow. Plus I fell asleep on the couch :D

Nothin better than a Saturday afternoon nap.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Sherman and I got her waxed this morning. We were both pumped up about going out and taking some pictures of her doing her thing. We were going to take her out to the school parking lot and get some photo's of her rolling some smoke out the tail pipe and get some pics with her hitched up to the trailer but it started raining so that put the brakes on that deal. -cuss

Sherri just sort of :rolleyes: when I told her she had to come along with the cameras - I think she was doing a rain dance in the back yard while we were in the garage doing the polishing...

I even backed off the smoke wheel for the event planned. ;Sweet

Ah maybe next weekend...

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argve said:
Well I got myself a clay bar to clean the paint up on the truck. It does a pretty good job. No I did not follow the directions I just grabbed a bucket of soapy water, wash mit and played Daniel in The Karate Kid movies LOL

Cleaned the ol paint right up - stripped all the wax straight off the truck along with all the little tree sap marks - even cleaned the road tar straight off. I'm taking a break at the moment because my arm is killing me - it's not the most easiest thing to do trust me but the results are worth it.

Getting ready to go out and play wax on / wax off in a little bit then maybe if the sun is still up and at 'em I'll zap some pictures of my shiney goat truck. :D

Alrighty then...I'll bite - What the heck is a "clay bar"?? Never heard of that one. Does it work on oxidation too??

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
>>> Click here <<<

basically a clay bar (you pick brand) is nothing more than an abrasive that is contained within a clay substance. They supply a lube to use with the product but from doing searches on the web I found out that you can make your own lube (Car wash mixed with clean water in bucket).... I don't think it's enough to take oxidation off. I know that it made ye ol truck just shine ;Sweet Gave her a mirror like finish after I was done waxing her.

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its good for removing over-spray and surface contaminants and it has saved my life more than once with over-spray where it shouldn't be.

Soapy water is a great lubricant and the best 2 bars I have found were Body Magic and Presta's. Make sure you fold the bar end over end as it gets crappy for effectiveness.

Keep in mind they usually make a fine and medium bar and mostly the typical consumer only needs the light.