Chevy Silverado EV revealed - New CARiD Video

carid

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Over the last decade, manufacturers including GM, Ford, Audi, BMW, VW, and Volvo have joined the electric revolution, and America’s beloved pickup trucks remain the final electric frontier. After Ford and Rivian, the Chevy Silverado, one of the top-selling pickup trucks in the US, is going electric.

It has just been revealed to the world, and it boasts some pretty impressive features and options. The all-electric pickup comes with up to 664 horsepower and 400 miles of range and innovative storage solutions that include the return of the Midgate. At launch, the Silverado EV will be available in two configurations: an RST First Edition and a fleet-oriented Work Truck (WT) model. Available Spring 2023.

Watch our new video with an in-depth review of the latest Chevy release. Stay tuned, a new video will go live every other Monday at 8 am EST.​

reelfishin

Reaction score
It'll be a cold day you know where before I'd spend over $100k on a pickup.
That's double what I paid for my house four years ago.

What worries me about all these hybrids and EV vehicles beyond the price, is the cost of maintaining one,
especially once those pricey batteries start to fail.

I had a 11,000 mile Prius a couple years ago with 2,500 miles on it, the old man who had it never drove it and the batteries went bad.
They wanted $2,400 for the main battery and that was for a 'rebuilt' battery. I got lucky and found a wreck for cheap on CL which gave me a good battery. Then I sold it as fast as I could.