chev tailgate

trapper704

Reaction score
My 05 duramax 2500 has a roblem with the tailgate latch, have had it to the dealer once and I think they just straightend the rods, as it bent them again right away. Has anyone else fixed them differently? so you can actually pull the latch without babying it?:backoff

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
My 05 duramax 2500 has a roblem with the tailgate latch, have had it to the dealer once and I think they just straightend the rods, as it bent them again right away. Has anyone else fixed them differently? so you can actually pull the latch without babying it?:backoff

I have an '06 so I have not experienced any tailgate problems...yet. If you're still under warantee, I would take it back and demand new components be installed. I was always under the impression that dealerships lost money on warantee claims. Quite the opposite is true. They make money from GM. If they are fixing a warantee item without changing any parts, I suspect they are just padding their pockets even more. IMHO

Tom

trapper704

Reaction score
I think I will take it back and see if they can fix it better the second time. When you pull the handle it bends out if you don't thump against the tailgate with your hand.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
sounds like it's not adjusted right. The new tailgates are junk anyway - the whole bed is.