Cheapish 8cyl p pump

onetonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes, I'm not following. Are you building a P-Pump conversion kit? Are the P-pumps cheap now, or the IDIs?

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1000 HP IDI ?

I guess the head gaskets, crankshafts, bearings, rods, and pistons are made from pure 100 percent unobtanium?

For me, if these pumps are hyper-reliable, that would justify it... Even at NA power level. How many minutes to EGT meltdown at such high power?

Now, if I could fix my van up to be as reliable as Grandpa's old hammer, I'm all ears. A lot of this new stuff just ain't all that robust.

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see the face of every chipped Cummins owner as they got spanked climbing a long pass with a load by a rusty beat up bull nose pulling a comparible load

I was actually talking about that with a guy at work yesterday, how much I wish I could get the money around and build a bad IDI just to make some " cummins bruh" "daddy's money" boys mad LOL

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the cummins, just not crazy about the whole "everyone else is doing it" croud.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's held back the IDIs power wise hasnt been mechanical parts but fueling, with an inline pump like the P pump platform the sky is the limit for fueling. No one has been able to make enough fuel to hurt a stock IDIT bottom end, and I believe Im the only one who has shattered an IDIT piston with my last nitrous motor. With a stock crank, coated IDIT piston, Carrillo rods, the bottom end should be capable of 2000hp. These engines flow air much better than the powerstrokes, and airflow is power, we just havent been able to get enough fuel in these engines to truly test their potential, with a P pump, we should finally be able to see that happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx