certain people...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jwalterus, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

1. jwalterus

jwalterus Made in America

http://www.agweek.com/news/crime-an...closes-enchanted-highway-sculpture-western-nd

There's more history behind this, especially the greedy bleepedy-bleep-bleeps who bought the land........ Applied for re-zoning only the 5 acres the sculpture is on to residential...... Got it re-zoned to PUD-MH......... Left the other 68 acres all zoned agricultural.... Wants to sell the 5 acres it's on for 30k/acre....... Total value of the parcel only 23k........

http://www.starkcountynd.gov/vertic...8-F9C97B78EC24}/uploads/AGENDA_12_29_2016.pdf

This bleeping couple have been causing problems..... Their lawyer too..... Nanny-state promoting worthless little..........
    I've heavily edited this one to keep it out of the Refinery... LOL

2. hce

hce So can i.... Supporting Member

Why would you even purchase land with something on it like that if not for the preservation of it?

chillman88 and jwalterus like this.
  3. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Because you don't like it and have enough money to make it go away. Selfish.....

4. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Member Supporting Member

Okay engage rant....

My family lives on a farm in bergheim, Texas which is north of San Antonio. It has been in the family since 1867 and I am the 7th generation to work the land, my father and I built the shop that I work out of and I live in a small apartment in the shop.

Well our property is very thin at the road (150ft) and two miles into the property it widens out. In order for us to be eligible for homestead exemption we need 40ft of road frontage per household, and there are two houses on the property at this point.

Growing up on the property was great for me especially with all the history our family has on it and I want to share it with a family of my own some day, but building a house is near impossible at this point.

If I were to build a house like I would like, it would take the last remaining 40 ft of road frontage and prevent any of my siblings or other family members from building on the family property and as our family grows we will eventually outgrow the number of houses on the property and will be forced to sell the land.

I don’t want to take the last of the road frontage because it will cause strife with the family, but at the same time none of my other family members have expressed an interest in the land like I have.

Our local government is not interested in keeping up the heritage of the land and the families that settled south Texas, it’s all about tax money now.

Officially longest post on the forum-

End rant :mad:

5. Pork_Chop50

Pork_Chop50 He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me.... Supporting Member

@Thewespaul does Texas have hardship options? In Oregon we are allowed hardships provided they aren't "permanent" structures so typically manufactured/mobile homes that have much fewer building restrictions. I only mention it because you sound like the ideal hardship candidate, and the title is a misnomer. Families working the land together are considered "hardship" because of the difficulty in finding housing near the land. Something to consider, I would like to believe Texas is an ag friendly state.

6. hce

hce So can i.... Supporting Member

So does this make Salem Sue nervous?
    I can't agree, lots of land in ND that would be more desirable and less issues. I bet these two were working a scheme from the beginning to make money. This is worse then the whole dapl, next it will be Salem Sue.

7. Thewespaul

I’m not sure, I will have to research that. Right now we are looking into forming a partnership and the theory is the partnership would own the driveway so all the members would share a 40ft section, and be partial owners in the partnership. But time and money will tell, they sure don’t make it easy

8. Eli

Eli Full Access Member

I don't know who or what told you that 40-foot rule, but it most likely is contrary to State Law and the Texas Constitution on the matter.
    http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PR/htm/PR.41.htm

I work in Real Estate, and live in Harris County, I'll tell you that the Harris County Appraisal District gets sued constantly for violating State Law and the Texas Constitution, CADs aren't liable for much so they just don't care. Harris CAD has most recently - and illegally - removing Homestead Exemptions from flood victims, despite State Law giving homeowners 2 years to rebuild after natural disasters!

Eli

9. Thewespaul

I appreciate it Eli, hopefully it doesn’t come down to that but the 40 ft comes from comal county not the state

10. Eli

Eli Full Access Member

It would probably be worth it to consult a qualified Real Estate attorney, on most items the County nor the CAD can change the rules on Homesteads in Texas. Homesteading is a right under the Constitution of the State of Texas, counties cannot abridge it!
    By the way, I looked at the Comal CAD site, I can't find reference to this 40-foot rule (which is most likely grossly illegal), their own published rules are contrary to Texas Law and the State Constitution as they also made up a 20-acre rule. Get a lawyer!

Eli