Centurion Overhead Console

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've decided I want something for an overhead console in my truck to spruce up the interior and give me somewhere outside of the seat to throw stuff. Also, with all of my gauges down by my shifter I'm out of space for toggle switches and stuff and have a few other things I still want to add to the truck. As it stands, I am getting a 5 pod horizontal gauge holder to put the gauges by my shifter in as it doesn't look bad down there but it's certainly going to look better when they are all in the same color and one piece pod versus a bunch of different colors and all drilled into the dash as close as possible.

I realized that buying one is going to be next to impossible as these trucks weren't exactly common. But, my dad is a carpenter with a giant wood working shop who has went as far as to go into stores and take measurements of cabinets and dressers and stuff mom's wanted and go home and just make it for her and save hundreds of dollars and you can't tell the difference. He's very good at this type of stuff. Half of the time he's done it with no measurements and just guessed sizes and it's came out very well.

I can always just show him pictures of what the things look like from a google image search, but I was curious if anyone here has one in their truck if the could tell me a few basic dimensions to give us a starting point, or take some more HD pictures of one as google's images are mostly older and pretty scaled down.

I'm probably going to put both the factory dome light and the custom second row dome light (same light just a second one of it) in the console and stretch it back that far and put some led light strips on the side.

Might try to make it a little bit different in terms of the front box as well. No slot for cb radio, just a flat panel for toggle switches and a box for sunglasses and misc junk with some extra lights that I'll wire into the door opened switch.

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you posted this because I was going to! Mine actually had one, but someone stole it before I bought the truck. I've been toying with the idea of building one too.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the fella in Ohio has a truck with one. I can't remember his user name. He has the red and white dually. He got ran off in the ditch. Think he has a build/repair thread, molasses repair or something like that......

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap 800$ what are people smoking. I'd easily rather make my own and stain it and once it's done run one hot wire up to it for some push lights and toggle switches and one switched wire for lights to turn on when the doors open and customize it how I want it.

Thanks for the pictures though!

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that one is odd for sure. I considered texting the guy seeing if he'd take 100$ for just the overhead part but I think I'd rather make my own and do it how I want to.

I measured stuff tonight, I'm going to shoot for 8 1/2 inches wide and since it's a quad cab it's gonna be roughly 65 inches end to end. Just gotta figure out how I want to attach it to the roof. Gonna buy some oak this weekend have my dad cut it and mould it to look like one of these and go from there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That 800 bucks buys the COMPLETE interior including the seats. Not just the overhead.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why buy a 20 yr old outdated wood overhead console when for under $100 you can buy a modern overhead DVD/Aux Input/Rearview backup cam?

full

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why buy a 20 yr old outdated wood overhead console when for under $100 you can buy a modern overhead DVD/Aux Input/Rearview backup cam?

full

Well I can't speak for the OP but a CB would look goofy mounted to that, and it's kinda frowned upon to watch dvds while driving :joker:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I can't speak for the OP but a CB would look goofy mounted to that, and it's kinda frowned upon to watch dvds while driving :joker:

Yeah,lol but you know how handy the backup cam is when backing up to a trailer? Keeping your eye on what your towing is nice too.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think lmc truck has a overhead consel but it's not quite like that it's just in the front obive the visors inside, but lmc tends to be kinda expensive maybe check salvage yards for old vans or rvs maybe could modify to make work? I've seen some out there

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i want one of those full length consoles in my crecab so bad. CB, DVD, misc storage.
also...how do they attach to the roof??
theyre nothign there other than cardboard and a smooth thin roof?