Centrifuge Oil Filter - from Belarus tractor (think CAT as well)

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was considering starting with 1 of those heads... then possibly running a pair of them. I think I could power my house easily on 14kw. Since they are belt driven and only take 16hp to run... in theory, you could just keep expanding as long as the engine has the power to turn them.

A 15-20kw head is north of $2k

janssen

Reaction score
Just to make sure we are on the same page is this as a backup generator or fulltime offgrid? Backup I agree, full time you need a good head to run continuous, ebay has some pretty sweet units, the big ones are cheaper than the little ones - who wants a used 30KW 600v 6cyl diesel? some low hours and nice old tech that will drink anything.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to set it up as an emergency genset that could be used full time if the need arises. I suppose I could do some searching on ebay for a nicer built belt driven unit... The price is just really tempting...

I also have room under the hood of my 240d to mount a single gen. head... so I COULD keep the car driveable.

janssen

Reaction score
Could setup batt/inverter and run the gen to charge. would last longer and is a system that can be built up over time. (as deals/finds are accumulated)

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true. Ive been tossing around the idea of a partial solar system as well... a few 200-300 watt panels and a small battery bank for lighting, etc...

This forum needs a preparedness section... lol

janssen

Reaction score
Thats what I love about WMO for preparedness, can stockpile cheaply, doesn't go bad, - will be the last person driving around, although bit of a lead magnet perhaps :(

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup.. lol

Something to keep in mind about the military generators... most are not 60hz. IIRC, they are 50hz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller

Staff online