Centrifuge Oil Filter - from Belarus tractor (think CAT as well)

janssen

Reaction score
So picked up a 1994 Belarus 5170, one of the unique items on this russian tractor is that they don't have a paper filter for cleaning oil - they run a centrifuge off the side of the block that cleans oil.

So being a WMO addict I looked at this and thought HMMM totally enclosed system so no spills, turn it on and walk away, feed as fast or slow as you want....

Looking at modifying to run from elec motor putting upline of my "in the works" straight WMO genset - anyone tried this? Used these? Heard of these?

Would also (since elec will be free) using one to clean my W85 on a constant recirc basis.

Ideas?

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Man, I have been dreaming about a straight WMO genset that runs all the time.

So are you pulling the centrifuge off the block or are you using the engine from the tractor for the generator power unit?

Pics please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janssen

Reaction score
pulling the centrifuge off the block and running with an electric motor, gravity feed it in front of the IP is the plan. Trying to get an old unti that I can play with, might pull the one of my tractor to see how it is powered (gear/shaft etc) so I can decide if it can be repowered with elec easily.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing the same thing (wmo genset) with either this spare IDI I have that needs rings or the engine from my 240d that the body is rotting away around the powertrain.

They offer quite a few belt driven options... if I went with the IDI, I could get an SAE bellhousing and bolt up a generator head directly as well.

In the near future, a 100% wmo fired generator for emergency/prep will by high on my priority list. It's slowly working its way to the top. Lol

janssen

Reaction score
Just talked to my belarus guy - he's looking through his pile'o parts to see if he can find me one to play with, if not $100 from my parts guy. When I told him what I wanted it for he said some thing - powered by flow. That makes it nice and easy as 79jasper said use a power steering pump and off to the races. Put a filter on the suction side and have a nice neat cleaning solution. For cheap, most parts I have laying around the farm :) Gotta love it when a plan comes together!

janssen

Reaction score
A fellow prepper :)

I was looking at a farm PTO powered Gennie and set up so that I can swap engines easily, Idea was just mount a PTO stub shaft on the crank of the engine and let'r rip. Keep a spare motor cummins/perkins/IDI who cares. Found that older gennies are not expensive, My buddy got a big boy with a white diesel for $100. They use them in apartment buildings for backup elevator juice. All the hours on them is from warming up for testing & service.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't thought about looking into used industrial apps... We have a local discount tool supplier (Harbor Freight) that sells 7200 watt continuous belt driven heads for $299... with their 20% off coupons, $230. I was leaning towards powering 1 or 2 of them with the OM615 I have in my old 240d... It runs on oil already and would be easy to belt drive it. That way, practically any engine with a belt drive could be used.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The HF coupons are usually no good on generators. Read the fine print if you go to do that.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Works online with the generator head. Had it in my shopping cart earlier... Took $60 off the price. $6.99 to ship to my door.

janssen

Reaction score
THAt HF Gen is sweet, I think we are working on different scales though. I need to power my farm my gennie is 30KW continuous vs the HF 7.3KW. I was reading the reviews and the one reviewer had hung it on the side of his lawnmower - AWESOME. I would love to tuck one of these under the hood of my farm truck with a elec clutch, would be great for doing field/bush repairs and serve as a mobile power unit.

Agree with you that that would work sweet on a Mercedes diesel, sweet **** all fabbing required as well!

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I don't need any more projects! Stop all this WMO generator talk now!![emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janssen

Reaction score
You could hang one of these in place of your A/C on your truck..... 8" High x 20" long. Reuse A/C clutch/Pulley, build a bracket....

THen just hang a 110v house window AC unit in your back window if required :) Not redneck at ALL!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
You could hang one of these in place of your A/C on your truck..... 8" High x 20" long. Reuse A/C clutch/Pulley, build a bracket....

THen just hang a 110v house window AC unit in your back window if required :) Not redneck at ALL!

Kinda like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online