Carrier bearing

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bearing went out today replaces today came with two large dust shields I put on on the side closest to the trans mission now it's grinding into my carrier bearings rubber area and messing up everything I just worked 3 hours on. Are these metal shield/dust covers needed or just certain applications? 88 f350 cclb truck zf5

OkieTXHick

Reaction score
I have done that before. Sux. I cut mine off with shears haha.

I do not believe they serve any real purpose. Total pain tho. Hope you get it taken care of.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why they are in there but I'm taking the one off that's on there now cause its trying to eat the rubber out of the holder, buddy with press is at work all day so I have to pay a shop 20$ to take it off and put it back on for me, hopefully I don't have to mess with it again after this lol

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps or not however here's a pic of mine just after replacement last year.
You must be registered for see images attach

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine came with two big dust shields and neither fit anywhere well so I took them both off today, carrier bearing performs very well now no noises with the covers off, I'm sure it won't have as long of a life but I think I will go a while since it's a sealed bearing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online