California 94 super duty is trash meow? epa forcing me to scrap my truck!

Jbone36

Reaction score
Long story short i have an ambulance 1992 super duty 4x4i got about 2 years ago and finally got around to getting it finished. Sold my house and while shopping for a diesel mechanic to install a reman engine and drop 25k in it all mechanics are telling me not to do it because dmv w0nt register here in ca ARB "air cops in california" told me after a phone call that 94 or newer diesels will have to be scrapped! or have 2010 engine installed..im not even sure truck can accept or if they even made a 7.3 turbo in 2010..so basically is my ambulance worthless..and *** is CA thinking!..also why is this not a pinned post i cant find anything about it here on oilburners..thanks

Jbone36

Reaction score
Long story short i have an ambulance 1992 super duty 4x4i got about 2 years ago and finally got around to getting it finished. Sold my house and while shopping for a diesel mechanic to install a reman engine and drop 25k in it all mechanics are telling me not to do it because dmv w0nt register here in ca ARB "air cops in california" told me after a phone call that 94 or newer diesels will have to be scrapped! or have 2010 engine installed..im not even sure truck can accept or if they even made a 7.3 turbo in 2010..so basically is my ambulance worthless..and *** is CA thinking!..also why is this not a pinned post i cant find anything about it here on oilburners..thanks

Just called them back and lady was wrong..im at 10,000 gvwr and regulation is at 14,000..just like Ca to not be giving straight information on BS laws ..but all this makes me think about the poor mom and pop truck co, that arent corperations shaking hands with politicians..Ca wont be happy until its on fire for good it seems

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you expect from communist statists?
this is why vehicle registration companies are popping up in free states
Leia knows how it works
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience and contacts in dealing with CA CARB. Trash fleets had to start scrapping and retrofitting in the the mid 2000’s
Get you Ambulance changed to a motor home or RV and you are good to go but I believe at 10k GVW you are good.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing, it’s not what the truck weighs, it’s what the door sticker says.

If you have a true F-Superduty with 10 lug axles, it’s rated for 14000 GVW. These are subject to the rules you are talking about. If it’s a F-250/350 then you are ok as they are under 14000 GVW. Make sure what you have. This is why Calvin (towcat) was having to remove his F-Superduty Carriers from service, but the F-350’s were ok.

Jbone36

Reaction score
i think im screwed f450 door sticker says gvwr is 15000
I have a lot of experience and contacts in dealing with CA CARB. Trash fleets had to start scrapping and retrofitting in the the mid 2000’s
Get you Ambulance changed to a motor home or RV and you are good to go but I believe at 10k GVW you are good.