Cab and Chassis Tail lights

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Hey ya all.

I am just about ready to mount my flat bed onto my new F-Superduty. Its a 94 7.3idi. I searched around for a few pages but wasnt seeing anything clear for a cab and chassis.

The back of the electrical harness was cut and spliced and yadda yadda back at the rear of the truck. Whoever did it, did a clean job of it, weather sealed connectors, terminating in ring terminals, routed into a weather proof junction box with distribution studs. Problem is, the spliced wires dont match the factory harness and now that ive removed the fiberglass utility bed, I need to wire in lights for my logging flatbed.

I have found the factory wires about midship and labelled the spliced colors. These are the colours in the factory harness;

Green w/ Orange stripe - Left Turn?
Orange w/ Black stripe - Right Turn?
Black w/ pink stripe - reverse?
Brown - Brakes?
Black - running lights?

Can anyone correct me on these? I was referencing my F250's wires but not sure if the cab and chassis are identical or slightly different?

Lastly, does anyone have suggestions for tail lights? I have some 2.5" round lights but theyre pretty crusty and many dont work so I was thinking about getting new ones. I was looking at these: https://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Reve...dp/B017W818HG/ref=psdc_15737741_t3_B07PVPLCSH but I dont know if they are decent or not. Reviews seem good except for one guy saying they let water in the housing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online