Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hidee Hi,
Hidee Lo,
Hidee Ho. . .
Got to the point now of waiting for the engine to show up before doing much more.
A few pics of the CA Conversions kit and the fun I should have installing the TCM and more. I will have a rare Ford when this is over. Kind of like a Turducin. That being a turkey stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a chicken and then cooked.
This Ford will wind up being a cross between Ford, Dodge and Chevy. Fodoev? Well, I better get out there and see if I can hoist the converter up in place with the trans p
positioned under the truck.

Potentially another mistake having not put in in before I slid it under the truck.
Well, I got the wife out there to push the floor jack while I positioned it and it went in so easy, it was scary.
Something must be wrong.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice project ;Sweet, have thought of the doing the same many times. Cost of doing so is something that for me is too big of an investment. But out of curiosity, do you plan on using stock or modified Allison and 5 or 6 speed?

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the entire kit from CAConversions in Florida for a sizable chunk of change. My belief was getting everything from one supplier would help to diminish any problems. Now that I gotten into this project I have found a few suppliers of pieces parts and chunks. Could I have saved money with other suppliers?
If i had an absolute clear picture of what I was doing and parts needed, maybe.
This way I can pick on one supplier for any hairballs that may arise.
As for the trans, I believe it is a fairly stock 6 speed unit.
Had I been thinking about this, I would have picked one up with the PTO gear drive inside the case.
I still have the PTO drive inside the transfer case, but having another one inside the transfer case would have been nice, IF the trans tunnel has the room to make the PTO fit.
As for this project, I will never do another one.
Too many people out there building parts that couldn't care less.
I have had problems with most every major component in this toy and will not repeat this again in the future. I hope the Allison has no problems but with things going as they have so far, I am wondering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online