Bye Bye Allison

Max Power

Reaction score
Well I did her in today.

Took a guy out for a spin. Did a little power brake which was ok let off at about 30 mph. Got back into it and i could hear it shift, 3rd, 4th, 5th but truck wasn't really moving. Slowed to a stop, same thing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th but truck only moved a bit.

So, I went back to my shop, disconnected the battery cables for 10 minutes. Reconnected and went for a drive. Everything was ok more or less, but check engine light was on. I called my dealership to see about warranty (I know, I know) because I am thinking of trading off and don't want to spend 5k for the next guy. (You have to pay to play, I know) They said, should be no problem. Since it was after 5 I asked if the service manager who is kind of a friend of mine would stay late so we could read the codes. Well I made the 30 mile trip there with no problems. I even had to slow down for a corner, pass some people etc, no problems. Until, I got into town. I had to stop at a light and make a left turn. I got through the corner and then things seem to slip and it stayed in 3rd (might have been 2nd as it seemed to not go very fast). Only 1/2 a block to go so I limped in.

So we read the codes. P0700, P0732, P0776. History codes were U1000, U1016, U1064, U1301. This is the first time my truck has been back to the dealership since the day I drove it home. He reset the codes and I went home.

All seemed fine for the first 15 miles. Then I had to stop at a stop sign and make another right back on the highway. When I got on the highway, i got to 3rd and it didn't want to shift back to 4th. So I let off, put it in neutral and back to D. Then it shifted to 4th, 5th fine. and I was on my way back home for the remainder of the 15 miles. When I got back to town, I slowed down, turned the corner, then it was back to slipping and doing weird things. Ever since then I can't get it to work right.

I took it to my shop and changed the spin on filter just in case. No effect. Back it out of the shop, go for a drive, things are only getting worse.

As it sits now, no R, only 3rd. It also says on the DIC Range shift inhibited now. It didn't do this until I changed the filter (I know, not related but thats the time line)

Is there any chance that it is the NSBU switch?

Here's my problem. I WAS planning on going camping for the next 3 weekends. As it stands, there is no way I can do it now. I know my dealer will have my truck for at least 2 weeks if I decide to do it under warranty. I don't really have the money or time to do a Suncoast Level 3 right now. If I keep my truck, I plan on doing the upgrade anyways. But I might not keep my truck. I might get an 04 LLY. This would also be my quickest way to getting back on the road.

I just wish I could get another 3 weeks out of it

Whit

Reaction score
Max, sorry to hear of this, I wish I could help you but I aint an auto kinda guy but I am sure someone here is. I think this is a good time to test the LOVE of your life by asking if she may want to halk the new rock off her finger for a tranny upgrade!!! If she goes for it than you have a rare woman . Good luck friend

Cheers, Kevin

CP140FE

Reaction score
This is my first post of this forum so here goes:

Max Power:
I had problems similar to what you've described and it was my NSBU switch (Park/Position Indicator). It wouldn't shift out of 3rd, no "N" indication on the shifter indicator, Sometimes no forward movement at all. A friend of mine suggested it may be the NSBU so here's what I tried to narrow down the diagnosis. I put the shifter in nuetral (by feel only as there was no indication) and tried to select 4-LO and it just sat there flashing 4-LO at me before returning to 2-HI. It wouldn't under any circumstance engage into 4-LO. I then proceeded to the stealership for repairs which was covered under the warranty. Good luck................................Steve...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online