Burning oil?

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1995 powerstroke it had a misfire so I bought an injector from.ford did everything to it then put the new one in. The misfire is gone but now since doing that injector its pouring white/blue smoke all over the place? Didnt do this before when it had the misfire. Any ideas?

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably nicked a oring. How much have you ran it? Did you evacuate the cylinders?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Like maybe 3 miles? Since injector was installed not much idling. Yeah I did the on the one cylinder that I put the injector in for like maybe 12 seconds. And i now have oil coming out the exhaust.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
How much oil out the exhaust?
You could just have oil from pulling the injector. I would pull that injector to double check the seals.

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled that injector out seals are all good pulled the injector next to it and it had one seal a little chewed up but not bad. I dont get it how it didnt do this before and now it's doing it after one injector gets replaced......

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
By chance did you check the injector hole for the copper seal at the bottom? Could have part of a old one.
If all of that is well, I would run it longer. Maybe take the downpipe loose and hose it out.

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By chance did you check the injector hole for the copper seal at the bottom? Could have part of a old one.
If all of that is well, I would run it longer. Maybe take the downpipe loose and hose it out.

Yeah I did check no copper washer was in there. I replaced the seals on the injector just ahead of cylinder 5 which I assume is cylinder 3 and it's not burning anymore oil I drove it around a good bit to make sure and it seems to be doing good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.